Grief Healing Discussion Groups

November 2nd Marked 7 Months

It is now officially 7 months since my Mom died (7th month anniversary on Nov 2nd) and it was a really rough day for me emotionally. I couldn't even cry but I was just so very depressed and really realizing that she is not coming back! I spoke to one of my beloved Aunts last night. She calls me about once every 2 wks and I try to keep in touch with her too as I love her and she has always been there when needed. Her and my Mom are only 2 yrs apart (my Mom being the older) so they were always good buddies over all those yrs. My Aunt almost called me my Mom's name last night on the phone then corrected herself midway. I said it was ok as she is not the only one who has done that (my other Aunt has slipped out with my Mom's name in reference to me as well -- that Aunt said it is because I look very much like my Mom when she was young and am much like her in personality-- I take that as a compliment.) My Aunt last night when nearly calling me by my Mom's name said she really misses my Mom and can't believe she's gone, she misses her a lot and used to talk to her on the phone for a few hours a couple of times a week. I felt sorry for my Aunt last night . I guess I have been so focused on my own pain in all of this that I didn't really realize how much the older generation in this family who grew up with my Mom are hurting too. It was like a reality check for me. Every time I've ever talked to any of that generation since my Mom's passing I have always told them about my pain and they have all patiently listened and comforted me. I didn't realize how her death has impacted their lives. I guess I have been selfish and self -centered in my grief (something I detest in others -- selfishness and self-centeredness!) It was a real wake up call for me so to speak. Love and hugs to all.

P.S. Say a prayer for that Aunt too as she has swollen ankles which is indicative of congestive heart failure (which is what my Mom had) . She is going to the dr tomorrow.

Hi, whiteswan: I'm praying for your Aunt this evening. Let us know how things go.

Hugs,

Leann

Whiteswan,

I am so impressed with you that you realized what you did. We all tend to be selfish in our grief, so don't beat yourself up over that! But to realize that others are in pain too, and care about how they feel, that is a huge step and one you should really pat yourself on the back for. Many people never ever think about it. They stay centered on their own pain forever. You are so lucky to have your aunts and I'm sure you can all help each other through this.

Your aunt will be in my thoughts.

Hug to you and a pat on the back,

Shell

I am coming up on the 7th month date, tommarow..I am not looking forward to that day. The day is the same..I will be praying for you and your Aunt. Hope all turns out well at her Drs'. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom..

I was having a moment when I typed this, it is 8 months not 7...

Edited by daddyslilgirl

Thanks for all replies. Daddyslilgirl: I'll keep you in my prayers as you approach the 7th month mark. It is hard as I'm sure every anniversary of our loved ones deaths will be. Thanks all for prayers for my Aunt. I'll keep you all up to date on her condition. Love and hugs to all.