Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What's Up With This?

Leann

Hi, everybody:

I had another crying spell today....several of them in fact. This coming week is my birthday and I got to crying when I began thinking about Dad not being here for that. In fact, it seems like I'm more upset about that than I was for his birthday last week and that was bad enough. I didn't see this one coming.....what's up with that????? Why would my birthday be bothering me?

Hugs,

Leann

Leann,

Totally understandable! It's a special day for you and he won't be there. And especially your birthday, since he had something to do with you being born at all! I always wanted to celebrate my birthday with just my family. It just seemed right somehow. So go easy on yourself and remember that all sorts of things will pop up like this that set off the waterworks. And, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! early!

Hugs,

Shell

Leann

Happy Birthday to you from us

Well maybe you could spend a little time alone for you and your dad on that day and talk t hima nd celebrate it with him emotionally and spiritally, its just a thought. My birthday was hard my MOM would always send a radio message to me and this year well you no it was not there. but hang in there and once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Thanks

Haley

On the first bitthday I had after my ex-husband died, I cried all day long, because I was getting older and he wasn't. It just seemed so wrong. I think we all feel that pain that the world is moving on without our loved one. It really hurts. So I am not surprised that your birthday would upset you.

Holidays and birthdays and anniversaries are usually the times that get us crying again, even years later. It's normal -- not fun, but normal.

Ann

Hi Everyone,

I dread my first birthday after my mom died getting through my brothers last month was hard enough on me. I cried because I knew they were hurting not having my mom. Our loved ones are a part of us and it is totally understandable to hurt when we have special days like our birthdays.

Have a happy birthday, Leann.

Libby