Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today The Sobbing Started Again!

Whiteswan

Even though I have felt depressed re my Mom's death during the past few weeks I have not been able to cry again until today. (All I seemed to do the first while after her death was cry.) Over the past few weeks the tears just wouldn't come but today I felt awful both physically and emotionally then all of a sudden the sobbing started again. A part of me wishes I was "past" all this, a part of me feels there is no rainbow at the end of the storm so to speak , another part feels this is normal and that I have to go through it, another part says my Mom wouldn't want me hurting like this and would want me to have joy in my life again. She has only been dead for 7 months and 5 days (even typing the word "dead" is like a stabbing reality, a rude cruel awakening.) Sometimes I wonder if life will ever be basically ok again? Love to all.

I feel the same way, somedays i feel like i am drowing and slowly going under. it takes to much effort to keep my head above water. today i went to the dr i have a sinus infection and also for the depression. my therapist says i NEED meds and i am slowly starting to agree. i don't think i can make it anymore. i will start next week when i finish my antibiotics, i pray for relief. i have never been so scared in my life, i feel hopeless. i am here for you and at least we are not alone and others feel it. i will be praying for you. lori

Whiteswan,

Just remember that tears, even though they bring so much pain, are healing. And that things will get easier. And that sobbing is part of the process of things getting better. It's almost like you have to endure a certain amount of pain in order to finally start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Just hang in there and cry as much as you can. Sounds like sadistic advice, but really the crying helps so much.

Hugs to you,

Shell

Lori,

I am glad that you are going to try some meds. I truly think they will help you a lot. You need a break. You deserve a break from all of this. Let us know how you are doing. I think you are taking a good step toward helping yourself....don't be afraid. We'll all get through this together.

Hugs,

Shell

Whiteswan,

I can relate to how you feel. I go for days feeling almost normal. Thoughts of my mom are constantly in my head though but I can get through the day. Then there are days when I sob all day. It is all part of the process so I let those days come when they do and keep the box of kleenex near by.

Hugs to you,

Libby