Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Saying Good Bye To Chelsea

STARKISS

Hi All,

This was the hardest thing I have had to do since mom and dad died. I feel that is was the right thing for both of us... After all I have not been there for her since she left our house in Bowmanville in October of 2005... She is not dead but she has been given up to my brother Barry... I will not see her for along time so that I can get through the sadness and maybe one day I can go and see her but for now I will say so long.... Shelley

• 4 years later...

Hi All, Well I just received a phone call from my sister-in-law the one who has Chelsea and she told me that Chelsea is really ill and may not live much longer.. She told me to come and visit and to see her...I am so in shock now I knew she was going to die but who is ever prepared for death of a loved one... I feel extremely guilty right now because I did not see her much in the past and now she is going to die soon.. I really want to see her but I also do not want to see her in such pain... I know I will try and get the courage to see her before she dies...shelley

I'm sorry Shelley. You're in my prayers.

Kay

Shelley, dear, I'm going to share here publicly what I've said to you privately:

I'm so sorry to learn that Chelsea is not doing well. Only you can decide if seeing her one last time will be helpful or hurtful ~ for you or for her. Either way, the one thing I know for sure is that Chelsea already knows how much you love her, and whatever you decide will be okay with her. Dogs are very spiritual animals, Shelley, and there is no reason why you cannot speak to her right now in your mind and tell her what is in your heart. She will hear you, and she will understand. There is an invisible string that connects your heart to hers, and it is made of LOVE. That string will never break, Shelley, and the connection you have with her is way stronger than death. If you cannot bring yourself to be with her in a physical way before her spirit leaves her earthly body, then find a way to be with her in spirit as she transitions from this life to the next. You already know how to do this, Shelley. It's the same way you can talk to your mom. Whatever you decide to do, please know that I am thinking of you and your precious Chelsea, and holding both of you gently in my heart.

How is is going today?

HI ALL,

JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO SEE MY BELOVED DOG CHELSEA THIS LONG WEEKEND AND THE FAMILY IS SO EVIL THAT THEY REFUSE TO DRIVE ME TO SEE HER THINKING THAT IT WILL MAKE ME WANT TO LEARN TO DRIVE A CAR... BUT I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO DO THIS WITHOUT MY EVIL FAMILY AND SO I AM GOING TO SEE MY THERAPIST AND THAN TAKE A BUS TO SEE MY BELOVED CHELSEA... THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND UNDERSTANDING.. SHELLEY

Thanks Marty, I will give Chelsea a kiss for you, and thanks for all that you do for us all... I am glad someone is proud of me I know my family could care less... They are just evil... Shelley

Shelley,

I'm not sure why your family wouldn't want you to learn to drive, but buses are a great way to travel, you get to meet other people and can spend some time seeing the surroundings rather than concentrating on driving (but then driving has always just been a tool to me, not really a source of enjoyment in itself).

I hope you get to spend some wonderful time with Chelsea and give her a hug from all of us here. Let us know how it goes.

Hi KayC,

Thanks, it is not that my family does not want me to drive it is that they want me to drive... They tell me that they will not drive me anywhere and if I want to go somewhere I need to learn to drive to get there... Shelley