Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Seeing The For Sale Sign

Hello,

I know we are never prepared for those sudden "grief bursts", I am always shocked when they happen. As you know I have been packing up my parents house for the last week and half, knowing the reason we are doing this is to sell the house. I know that in my head, but I guess my heart wasn't prepared. When I drove up yesterday to the house and saw the For Sale sign, for the first time in the yard, I fell apart. It just made everything so real. While I was sitting in my car, sobbing, the carpet cleaners showed up, poor guys, they didn't know what to do for me! On a happier note, I am getting a new puppy in May. I really thought I would wait, but having lost 2 dogs in 4 months, it's just so sad and lonely around here. I hope everyone has a good day.

Dear AnnieO

I am sorry that you are having a hard time. i know that i still to this day can't go past the house i grew up in. we moved from it when i was 13 and i stood on the front steps and cried. it still makes me sad to see it, sounds crazy b/c i have all of those wonderful memories of it.

I think the puppy will be good for you. we lost our wonderful spanky in sept 3 mos after my mom. my heart hurt so much. we got a puppy in jan and and he is a handful. alot of work but i know it will be good in the end.

i hope today brings you peace. Lori

I can imagine how hard it must have been for you. Today I took my car into the service dept. and they provide a ride back to work...as I road in their shuttle service, I remembered when George used it...it set me back as I thought about my dear sweet husband. For just a moment, I forgot he died, and then it hit me again. It's been almost two years, when does it quit hitting?