Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thinking Of Dusky Today

Dusky

Today I will go to a funeral for a former "boss" whose last name is Jack.

This reminds me that just two short years ago our good friend Dusky, aka John said goodbye to his dear Jack.

John, I hope that your day is filled with only happy memories of your partner Jack.

Thank You for the comfort that you have given to myself and others over the time we have come to know you. :)

Emily Dickinson once wrote:

Pain - has an Element of Blank -

It cannot recollect

When it began - or if there were

A time when it was not -

Dusky - I too am thinking of you today! You have been such a comfort to so many here with your list of books to read, your poetry and just your wonderful words of wisdom. I know that Jack looks down on you and smiles - knowing that his life partner has done so much for so many!!

Have the best day possible and know that I am wishing the best for you.

Hugs to you!!!

Patti

WaltC,

Thank you so much for the wonderful post remebering the anniversary of Jacks death. I made it through the second year. This is one spot where I know people understand what this is all like.

Thank you "missingcharlie" for your message.

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

Dusky,

It's hard to believe that two years have gone by. Yet, at the same time it was ages ago. Walt, Missingcharlie, and Dusky, we are all at about the same timeline. It has been a long and bittersweet journey so far. Dusky, you have been such an inspiration to us all. Keep writing. Enjoy your memories.

John/Dusky,

I hope you've been doing okay...it is hard to believe we've survived two years, who'd have thought! It's good to see you back on the site now and then. Take care...

Bebekat and KayC,

Thanks for your kind words. This is always a place where I can come for comfort.The past two weeks have been difficult - but then you all know exactly what that is like. This slow passage is filled with valleys that - at times - pull you backwards - yet the progression always seems forward. Sometimes I'm not sure what it is that is pushing me forward - however being on this site and communicating with each of you is healing.

I hope to have the book fully edited by the end of August - then its on to the publisher. I am still hopful to have Jacks "written legacy" in place by the end of the year.

Love and peace to each of you and all the fine people who grace this site.

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack