Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Week

Well it's Sunday guess that I got through another week. I would like to know are weekends the hardest on everyone? Bruce and I spent our weedends always together we had a routine Friday and Saturday night's was put Madison our golden retriever into the car and go out to Tim Hortons for coffee and tim bit's (for maddie) then come home and sit outside on our porch. Sunday when the weather was nice we would get up and take our coffee's outside and sit there and just talk and then go in to get ready to go to church. Come home and spead the afternoon sitting out on our porch so yes my weekends are so differnt how. I have just started to take Madison out for tim bits by myself. It's so strange. We had so many plans and now there are not going to happen as we thought that they would. I miss Bruce so much my heart aches. I need to go and bring him the flowers that I take to his grave very Sunday and go and have my talk with him and cry this is something that I do every Sunday. I wish that we had more time together but I have to be thankful for the 30 1/2 years of marriage that we had.(I LOVE BRUCE now and for ever)

Gail

Gail, I sure know about those cozy, comfortable times. Friday nights we'd pack up and take our Sadie Mae (black Lab) and go to our ocean property. We had a fifth wheel and our boat there and just loved it, bass fishing, sitting, driving the beach (Jack couldn't walk too well), watch movies, etc. Such comfort. I've sold the property and the fifth wheel so those days are gone. I couldn't do it without him anyway. He loved to watch Mash or Laugh In and playing solitaire while I was making his favorite dinner, Jambayala. I, too, am so thankful for my time with him. The Lord is helping me go forward, though, and I'm grateful for that, too. We do have to go on, as they say. Have a nice Sunday.

Karen

Gail,

I can remember at first that I dreaded the weekends, I had too much time to pause and think and feel. While at work, I didn't have to think about it. Looking back, I know I did because I am now finding all of the mistakes I made while at work, lucky for me I have an understanding boss. Anyway, at first yes the weekends are hard just due to the fact that was when we spent the most time with our loved ones. In time that pain will subside and the weekends will be something to look forward to. I know it is hard but it will over time get better.

Love always\Derek

Gail,

Yes weekends seem the hardest. My husband worked away during the week and opposite shift from me so I was used to doing the week alone but always looked forward to his phone calls which he made on a regular basis on his breaks...I had a hard time getting used to the no calls at certain times of day, but Friday nights and Saturdays were the worst. We were always together when we were off and I missed our time together. I try to fill my weekends now but it will never be the same again. Work takes our mind off things for a while but I don't look forward to it like I did to our weekends together.

Edited by kayc

• 4 weeks later...

Gail,

Although I have only had a few weekends since I lost Millie to cancer, they do appear to be the hardest. We would do so much together, antique auctions, long walks with Sammy, our Border Collie, and just reading at Borders. All gone, I would give anything to have one more weekend with Millie, Sam and I still walk, but it just isn't the same.