Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Big Hole In My Heart

My son Anthony died on August 15, 2007. He was riding an atv that was too small for him. He lost control and hit a utility pole. Some days are ok and others, like today, are just CRAP!!!!! :angry2: It's not fair that I couldn't have more time with him. He still didn't have his permit, we were going to do that before school started. I was suppose to teach him how to shave, how to change the oil and a flat tire. I know he's in a better place and it's not healthy to wish him back, but it would have been nice to see him grow to be a man, a man that his mother and I would be extremely proud of. Don't get me wrong we are proud of him but he was taken too soon. Parents are not suppose to outlive their children. My friends like to help but I don't think I can talk to them as helpful as they are because they don't have any idea what I'm going through. That's why I'm thankful for sites like this. Thank you for letting me vent a little. :)

My dear John,

We are terribly sorry to learn of the horrible, senseless accident that took the life of your beloved boy, and you have our deepest sympathy. Please know that you are always welcome here, to vent and scream and rage as much as you need to. After all, what happened to you and your son IS outrageous, and beyond all human understanding . . .

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am sorry for losing your son, Anthony. I want to let you know that my dad died when I was four years old. He was only 32. I wish he would still be alive now that it has been over 34 years ago since he passed. I do want you to know that your son was very fortunate to have you for 16 years on earth!!

Mike

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Dearest John,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved son. Please take shelter in our embrace and vent your feelings here. We are here for you.