Grief Healing Discussion Groups

You'll Never Forget

Corinne

Hi Everyone,

I just want to let those of you who think you may someday forget your loved one know that you will not.

Today would have been mine and Jimmy's 16th anniversary. We were together 13 yrs. but only married 4 before he passed 11yrs. ago. I just want you to know that I still remember his smile, his voice, the way only he could make me laugh until my ribs hurt, the way he used to purposely try to embarass me in public (I was horribly shy when I met him and he did it to help me get over that and it worked), I remember the way he used to make up his own words to songs and sing them to me, I remember his laugh, the way I always felt safe and warm in his arms, I remember the way he would look at me and I would see the love in his eyes. I remember it all just as vividly as when he was with me. Jimmy did send me a special gift after he left. He sent me the ability to draw and paint. It was something I had always wanted to do and he knew that. Before he passed I could barely draw stick people, but after he passed for therapy I tried painting and drawing and miraculously I could do it so I consider it my gift from him. Thank you honey for the gift and Happy Anniversary in Heaven! My tears today are of gratitude for having been able to love and be loved as I was when we were together. I miss you and I will love you always!

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Corinne your description of Jimmy sounds just like my Steve. Could you imagine the two of them together with us in public, we wouldn't have had a chance ! You have some wonderful memories of him, sounds like he was one wonderful guy, cherish those memories always.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Hi Corrine,

I understand just what you mean and thanks so much for the wonderful thoughts. Jack's been gone for 2 1/2 years and I have those same wonderful memories, bless his soul every day and am so grateful that he was in my life. Thanks again.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Marty & Karen,

You're very welcome.

Wendy,

If your Steve was like my Jimmy and we were all out together we definitely would not have had a chance but we would have had one heck of a good time!

LOL :D

Hugs & prayers my friends, :wub:

Corinne