Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For All New Fiends

Hellow to all of you here Im sorry for not answering your posts but Ifeel I had nothing positive to say My pain is here almost 16 months .I miss you all my friends here .How are you Karen Wendy Gail Kayc Walt BOb StallynScotyLorikely Doublejo Corrine .Forgive me if I forget some names that are traveling the same time road with me.For the new friends keep posting its the only confort I found.Hugs from far away. TENY

Glad to see you still here, our little friend in Greece. Keep on hanging in there, we all travel that same road and, believe me, it gets better little by little. Have a good day.

Your friend, Karen :wub:

Teny, we think of you too...I hope it gets better for you. Love, KayC

Hello my friend Teny ! I have not been on as much as I used to also but now that my Grandmother's funeral is done and even though my Mom is still going through her Chemo she is feeling alittle better so I should be on more again. I had a very bad night Tuesday. Actually it started on my way home from work because it is Daylight Savings time now,it is now light out when I leave work. It was a 50 degree day and when I left work it was sunny, as I drove home more people were out, families were in their yards and out for walks and it just made me so sad that I do not have Steve here with me anymore. Like William said to me maybe it is the change of the seasons and once I get used to it again it will become familiar again. I hit my 1 year mark last week and I got through it okay so maybe it was also a delayed reaction as I cried so much Tuesday night my eyes became so puffy and swollen that I could barely see when I got up for work on Wednesday. I know how you feel Teny, I no longer look forward to things that I used to and life is just so blah and sad. It was nice to hear from you, we all look forward to your posts !

Love Ya,

Wendy :wub:

Dear Teny..hope that things are better today.I like you and having a hard time lately not sure what it is..could be the weather winter as been so long this year. Bute like you I miss what my life use to be with Bruce. Lets hope that with spring just around the corner that things will get better. Take care of yourself Teny will be talking to you again soon. Gail :wub:

Teny:

It takes a long time for the anguish to lesson and finally turn into a throbbing ache. Remember that you spent a long and close time with your loved one. What is 2 or 3 years when you have so much pain? It takes a lot of work and is very tiring because each and every day you are making new sense of everything you do. You are constantly readjusting. Just remwmber that you were a whole person before you met your special person, and that whole person is still there, but now you carry with you all the specialness and love from another. With every day that passes you have passed along with it, and in the process you stayed yourself and managed the day.

My very best- DoubleJo

Thank you for for replying .Yes I was a whole person as much as you can be in 18.I dont rebember myself cause I grew up with Yiany.Feeling lost and missing him every day I do try hard to have a reason to go on.During the week working helps but when weekend is here depression my empty life no hope and dreams for future makes me crasy.I used to love spring planting flowers geding the house ready for summer.Nothing matters any more.Nothing to look forward .Likeall of you here I keep asking WHY.TENY

How are you Karen Wendy Gail Kayc Walt BOb StallynScotyLorikely Doublejo Corrine .Forgive me if I forget some names.. TENY

Well, you spelled my name backwards but I'll let it pass this time. ;-)

I am getting my footing pretty well I think. Just this morning I had breakfast with a colleague and the conversation turned to my wife and I reminisced about our life together and some of the special things that happened at the memorial service and it was actually a positive experience for both myself and my friend. And I got an invite to Easter dinner out of it. My friend has just retired, and he and his wife feel a bit at loose ends, so they enjoy getting to know me as much as I enjoy them.

I have for the past month or so been strangely at peace, with a couple of one-day interruptions where I have been a bit down. It is an odd feeling. I think I expressed it to another poster as I don't like or approve of what happened but I accept it and keep myself in the present moment and it seems to be (for me, right now) exactly the right thing to do. I have been playing the organ quite a bit, and am planning to get a piano later this month as well. Music is healing.

Anyway ... probably more than you wanted to know. How is your pottery business going?

--Bob

Teny,

I am sorry I have not replied sooner. I too am feeling a bit down these days and have not posted much, but I am here reading. I keep everyone here in my thoughts and prayers and wish brighter days for all of us.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne