Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My best friend just found out about 15 minutes ago she will be leaving tomorrow morning to go to Alaska her husband is stationed there she will be gone until August. I have known her since I was 2 years old and we have been best friends since, she has always been there for me through every obstacle in my life. Her husband left for Alaska on November 5, 2007 and then my husband passed away on November 22, 2007 and after that her husband found out he was getting deployed to Iraq he thought it would be within weeks so he rushed her out to Alaska so she left on December 18, 2007. We always knew she would have to leave to Alaska when her husband got stationed there and I asked Jack what am I supposed to do when she leaves my husband said "don’t worry you will still have me" which made me a little reassured. Shortly after that he left the world then my best friend left to Alaska and then when my mom went back home to California I was left alone. I use to cry so much to my best friend she decided to come back until they were placed into permanent housing so she came back on January 24 and now their housing is available and the military just informed her she will be leaving tomorrow morning with no further notice less than 24 hours. My husband was always my left arm and my best friend was my right arm and now I have lost both of them. I feel so lonely in this world it seems like everybody close to me always leave first my parents left me when they moved to California then my husband and now my best friend. I really don’t know how much more I can take of this. I know this is so selfish of me to feel this way because my best friend is going through so much she is going to be with her husband but only until August then he will be deployed to Iraq and they have 2 beautiful children together and I know she is so scared. For now she is so happy about going to see her husband and I can’t blame her I wish I can go see my husband too and I really want to be happy for her but I don’t know how. I am just so tired it seems every time I get somewhat adjusted to the way my life is something changes and I don’t deal well with change. I just wish things can be the way they used to be when I had my husband and my best friend life was so perfect then. Tonight I have to go and say bye to her I just am not ready too.

:( Marlene

Marlene

I am so sorry about your friend having to move so far away. It must be so difficult when your world has already been turned upside down. Like you, I wish I could put things back the way they were but we all know too well that is not an option. Always remember when you feel alone, we're here. Wishing you strength as you bid her farewell tonight. Suzanne

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for the support it’s going to be so hard tonight and every night and weekend I know for sure I will be here crying a lot more. My best friend Ula is always the one I call when I have lonely nights and weekends to come around and keep me company I can always count on her to be there for my daughter and I. Life has always been hard but I was always able to control it now that everything is not in my hands and out of my control I feel life is spinning around me in circles and I am trying to grab a grip on it I just don't know how anymore. I know if Jack was here it would be hard to loose my friend my right arm but he would be able to still make me smile now loosing both my arms I feel there is nothing left in this world to smile about. Thank you again Suzanne I hope we all can eventually get a grip of life again.

Love,

Marlene

Edited by mfarah

Marlene,

This is undoubtedly a huge blow for you, and my heart is with you today. Just try to remember that your friend is not completely out of reach, you can talk on the phone, email, chat, write letters, send pictures. I know it's not the same as "dropping by", but it's better than nothing.

I was just think this morning how many major adjustments/losses I've had in the last few years...I lost my husband, my friends, my dream job, and have suffered disappointments of all kinds. About the only thing I haven't lost is my home and I hope and pray that doesn't happen. It's no wonder we struggle to keep our chin up at times! I hope your friend will be back to live there sometime...is there any possibility you could plan a trip to visit her?

Love,

KayC

Kayc,

Well I went to say bye to my best friend last night and honestly I thought it was going to be a lot harder but we told each other we are going to say bye real quick a hug and I love you but no tears and we did just that. The tears started when she looked at my 2 year old daughter and said “you take care of your mom you are all she has left now” it really hit home because it is so true she is all I have left. As hard as it is going to be to not have Ula in my daily life for the next few months it gives me something to look forward to in the near future which is her coming back in 4 months. Well Kayc, we are going to try to plan a trip to meet in California in June or July her husband has training there and I am going to visit my parents so we are going to try to set it up to where we are there together. Thank you so much for your respond and I am sorry for everything you have lost as well the past few years we still have to be grateful for the things we have our health, the roof over our heads and the people in our lives. I am very thankful for this website I don’t even want to imagine where I would be if I did not have everyone here. Thank you

Love,

Marlene