Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Haven’t posted for a while. Thought I was making some headway with all this but I guess not. Had my daughters high school graduation last week. She lives with her mother about 3 hours away. Should have been such a happy occasion for me but it was all I could do to stay til the end. Kate and I used to live there 10 years ago and it was the happiest time of our lives. Job relocation forced us to move here. First time I had been back that way since Kate passed away. Drove by our old house. Memories flooded in.

I shouldn’t of had to attend this graduation alone.

I had a kitchen remodel started 2 months ago and they just finished yesterday. Had some glass cabinets installed with the intent of displaying Kates’ pottery. Spent the day going through our workshop picking and choosing what pieces to put in there. Most of them are what she considered “rejects” for one reason or another. To me they’re the most beautiful creations on earth. I had no idea how such a simple task would affect me this way.

Next week it will be 6 months and it feels like yesterday. I started seeing a grief counselor last month. No magic answers but I think it helps. At least he doesn’t shy away if I shed a tear. Hopefully it’ll get better soon.

….Scotty

Hey Scotty,

You know, it really takes as much time as it takes! There's no magic answer for any of us. Every time we go through things that have involved them or us it really hurts, brings back memories and just plain isn't fun. I've been without my husband going on 3 years the end of July. I keep busy, enjoy doing some things but when I remember our life together I just get sad. You're doing just fine but it doesn't matter, it does hurt. Take care of yourself and "keep on truckin."

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Scotty,

Come on now, graduations are hard amd you handle youself very well so

I am happy we did not have children together becauce I know I would loaa it at those time...I know your daughter was very proud of her dad. As I am also.

You just keep doing the next right thing.

LOVE YOU ALL jACIER :wub:

Scotty,

I'm sorry it's a rough time right now...I have heard it said that change, even for the good, is a stressor...and high school graduations or going back and visiting old places, certainly fits into that category. You are actually doing well considering, so be easy on yourself and know that your feelings today are temporary, your missing Kate will be always but it'll get easier as time goes by. Hang in there!