Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Living In 2 Worlds

hellow my friends as some of you remember the 2 of this month was 2 years since my world and life as Iknew it has gone away with him.I tried to pull myself and go to the cemetery saturday morning.My son his wife and my 2 grnd kids came with me.I had to be strong cause my litle grandson was there for the first timeand was holding my hand and cryed alot.His name is also Yiany and my grand daughter is Teny.They were both so sweet and caring so I tried to be brave.Next day as the tradition goes in Greece the family gathered together for lunch and we had fish that my youngest son caut.The day was harder for me and I went to church alone and drove the car into a field and cried my heart with soo deep sorow thinking that I would colapse.I went back to the house ther e was my reality.That is how I feel one foot with my family and other with Yiany and life that is gone forever.Does any of you feel the same?Teny

Oh yes, Teny, we do feel the same. The other day my boss yelled and cussed at me so bad, it upset me the rest of the night. As I was driving home I felt chest pains and I pulled over and did some breathing exercises. I was praying and I thought how wonderful it would be to go be with George, and yet I don't want to miss out on my kids' lives and possible future grandchildren. So I don't feel the time is right for me to go, yet I would love to if not for my kids. Yes, I do feel torn, I think most of us do.

Dear Teny.

My heart aches for you when I read of your sorrow. Yiany must have been a very wonderful, loving, caring man. It would break his heart to see you in so much pain. Our masses at church this month center around remembering those that have died, so I do understand how it feels to so badly want to hold onto the love that is now gone. But I have to believe that the love is still here, with us, in our memories, in our thoughts and in the way we live our lives. I was told that to hold on so strongly to the past will not allow me to grab the future. There is joy to be found. It doesn't seem possible, I know, but without that hope to sustain me, I would be unable to move. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting. I will always think of myself as Bob's wife. Nothing gave me more pleasure.

You are very brave and strong for making your way these two years. We all know it has been the hardest thing you have ever done. Yiany would certainly be proud of you.

Many hugs,

Kath

Oh yes, I know how you feel. I feel bad but I have said that it wouldn't bother me at all if I died. I know I would be with Tom. That being said I wouldn't do anything to harm myself either.

Yesterday when I woke this Eric Clapton song came on the radio. After I cried a while I felt like I wanted to get up and dance so I just acted like Tom was there and did exactly that.

These words seem to fit how we each feel so well. Hope you enjoy because it's just not OUR time yet.

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven

Will it be the same

If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on

Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand

If I saw you in heaven

Would you help me stand

If I saw you in heaven

I'll find my way, through night and day