Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Tomorrow will be 4 years without my beloved husband, Charlie. I still miss him so much!! Things in my life have changed a lot since I lost him. It's crazy what different paths you take... The thing I am most thankful for in my life (besides my daughter & grandkids)is the time I had the privilege of being a part of Charlie's life. It was absolutely the BEST!! (and I miss that terribly) He taught me so much in life - he made me a better person. Something I will always be grateful for.

I hope you all have the best day possible. Hugs from me to all of you!!

Patti

Patti,

Wow - 4 years - which means I'll be arriving at that door in just a few months myself. The phrase I like the most when reflecting on this loss is "Some people never had this much to lose."

Love and Peace,

John - Dusky is my handle on here

love you Jack

Patti,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you reach the four year mark, you are a few months ahead of me. You sound in good spirits and that is well, you have been here for all of us and we wish you well.

Love,

KayC

Thanks everyone! I am doing OK. I miss and love him very much, but as all of you know..life goes on. We have no choice but to continue on with our lives as best we can.

I still have a job,a roof over my head, my family and friends so I'm thinking things are OK. My sister will be here for Thanksgiving - she lost her significant other almost 2 years ago, so she and I have a very special bond. She's 7 years older than me, but we have grown quite close in the last couple of years. She has never met my grandchildren or my in laws and she hasn't seen my daughter in about 15 years, so that will be exciting!!

Things are OK.....

Hugs to all.

Patti

Patti,

I am so glad you will have your sister here for Thanksgiving, that will be very special. John has only come home once in the last two months, he keeps standing me up, so I doubt he'll be here next weekend for his birthday or the following for Thanksgiving, but my kids will come home for Thanksgiving, so at least I won't be alone.

I know what you mean about a special bond, when you've lost someone and someone else has too, it brings a special understanding between the two of you.

Take care,

Love,

KayC