Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Christmas Eve Is Over!

Well everyone, we have made it through another mile stone of sorts! Christmas Eve is over. I thought about going to some kind of Christmas service (like Mary Linda) but when a lady that I met a few months ago called and invited me to go the the Morse Museum in the afternoon, I decided to do that instead. Mr. Morse was a Winter Park resident who loved artwork and opened his museum in honor of Mr. Tiffany. He has the chapel that Mr. Tiffany designed for his own home along with much of the artwork and glass pieces that were salvaged when Mr. Tiffany's house burned in the Chicago fires. It was all very beautiful and a nice diversion for a few hours. I had soup and sandwich at Panera and then went home to make a cheesecake. I promised the couple I will go see today that I would bring it. They were such good friends to Lou and I and now really make a point to check on me and include me in things. I will have an early dinner with them today and spend some time just sitting around and talking.

I hope all of you had a very restful Christmas Eve and are now going to enjoy some festivities on Christmas Day (if that is what you are looking forward to). I just want another peaceful day without too much despair and sadness and I will be content with that. Take care!

Rosemary,

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! I hope you have a really good time!

Love,

KayC

rosemary - i guess you don't sleep in either, judging by the time of your post! i went to the beach early this morning, and as soon as i climbed over the dune, i saw two dolphins leaping out of the ocean in tandem. it was awesome. Enjoy your day, and have a peaceful one - Marsha

Hi Mike, Thanks for noticing! Lou loved bowling and that is a picture of him at one of the national tournaments. We were even married on a pair of bowling lanes!

Marsha, What a joy that must have been. Even though I live here in Florida and even lived on the ocean for awhile, I never saw a dolphin here except at Sea World. I did see a whole bunch of them next to a boat I was in while on the water off the coast of Spain one year! They are remarkable! Thanks for sharing.

It was a decent day. I photoshoped a picture of Lou into a photograph of the lady I went to see today. She loved Lou very much and carries a picture of his newspaper obit in her wallet. She takes it out to look at every once in a while. So I gave her a wallet size one and a 4 by 6 in a frame. It took me awhile to get the picture right so that it really looked like it had been taken of the two of them together. I think she really appreciated it!

Hope everyone has a great night tonight. I am sad without my Lou but will go to sleep remembering some of the good times.

Rosemary,

There was a TV program a few years ago called Ed, with Tom Cavanaugh playing the title role and Julie Bowen as Carol, the woman he loved. Ed was the owner of a bowling alley in Ohio. I loved that program and saw every episode except for the series finale. We had an ice storm that day that knocked out the power. Janet was visiting her mother in Florida at the time - she got to see it. Ed and Carol were married in the bowling alley in the last episode.

Mike