Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Coping With Loss Of A Mate

You know, last time I lost my spouse, George, to death, and was ill prepared as to how to handle it...I didn't do so well. I grieved, I expressed it, I learned to stand up for myself, I tried so hard to do the right things...but I messed up big time...I got remarried, too soon, to the wrong person...big mistake. Recently I have been dealing with that loss as well, and decided I'm not dealing with things the same way again. Instead I decided to get a dog :wacko: ...it is exhausting all of my energy but I have little time for being lonely, between taking care of my son's dog and my new big puppy. I just got him two days ago, his name is Arlie and he's half Siberian Husky and not sure what else, maybe retriever, maybe German Shepherd. He's 67 lbs. and barely one year old, very lively. I'm nuts! But I have little time for boredom! :blush:

How I wish I'd done that last time! Dogs don't leave you, don't take you for thousands of dollars, and they're there every night. With a dog, you have a fresh supply of kisses and love, and someone that appreciates your cooking. :rolleyes:

Well Kay you don't have to sell me on how much love and companionship a dog ( or in my case 7 dogs ) can give you. My little ones are always by my side, surround me at night to protect me and always make me laugh, Japanese Chins are comical little dogs. Your Arlington I believe is a Husky/Shepherd mix he certainly is adorable ! Good luck with him and you better start puppy proofing..... the little devil ! LOL

Love Always,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

Actually, I was thinking of moving out and just letting them have the house! Ha!

Is there such a thing as puppy proofing? I wonder if they could "proof" me!

He did better last night, but this morning he pooped on the carpet and Skye came and told me about it! They are so funny.

Kay, Dogs are the sure great companions! You know I have Larry's and my dogs, a short plump beagle and a long-legged foxhound (overgrown beagle) who Larry referred to as the "girls". They are beside me every step of the way. Maggie the foxhound also weighs close to 64 pounds and is silly and energetic and hides my clothes, the remote, the phone, my paint brushes, etc. just to get a rise out of me and the chase is on. So it sounds like you are going to have your hands full with your new Arlie but he's sure to bring lots of love which is a "good thing". Deborah

Kay,

Congratulations on your new edition! Please don't tell my daughter...she's been after me for a year to get another husky.