Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Settled The Estate Today.... And ...

I'm in a bit of a funk. Settled Joe's estate today - it was pretty basic, nothing extraordinary. Except for the fact that when I got home, it hit me that I just signed off on effectively erasing his presence from the world. Not in my mind or heart, of course, nor his friends and family. It just hit me how we spend years on building up our lives, then it's just gone - just a bunch of paperwork. I totally didn't think this would hit me this hard. It's just that, sometimes it all seems so pointless! OK, I'm going to bed soon, hopefully tomorrow I'm going to wake up in a different frame of mind. It's just that sometimes, the trying so hard to be positive, to move forward - I just stop, and I'm so emotionally tired. Do you know what I mean? OK, Marsha, off to bed - Love to all, Marsha

Marsha,

Some of the things we need to do catch us off guard. You did one more thing that needed to be done and survived it. Joe's physical body may be gone but he will live on forever in the hearts and the minds of those who loved him and he will always be with you!

Love & Hugs, :wub:

Corinne

Guest Vickie O'Neil

Marsha,

Joe's name can be erased from PaperWork...but never ever from your heart..& every feat you accomplished together is not history...it is written in the great book of Memory...your hearts, & God's heart.

Remember the story I told you about the only thing that I wasnt when my Mom passes? It is the dearest stoneware bowl, that my Grandma used over & over...& my Mother. .it is beaten up, chipped, has been used for 90 Years...just an old beat up bowl...that bowl has been used for so many years, no body would pay a penny for it a yard sale.

Grandma buried 6 Sons plus her Husband, & she still had that Brown Bowl full of mashed potatoes, & 5 Living Daughters. When I feel sorry for myself, as I often do these days, I know I need Grandmas bowl. Grandma found the time to care for her GrandKids...me, my sister & brother...her Bowl was always full.

Love Vickie

Nothing diminishes his life or makes it like he didn't exist, but I do understand your feelings. Sometimes things happen that make us feel like we're one step further from them. Puppy Arlie chewed up a toy dog whose head used to bounce up and down in George's car, I still remember seeing it on his dash, and when he chewed it up I felt like "one more thing gone from George's life...", such a stupid little thing, but you know what I mean. But in reality, nothing will ever, ever erase George or his memory from me, he was and still is the most important person in the world to me, and because of that, he will always live inside of me.

Marsha, another step taken in this long journey called grief. We don't realize how these kind of things wipe us out physically and emotionally. This is one of those times to rest and take care of yourself. It also should show you that you are strong and will survive. Joe is with you.Deborah

Hi, Marsha.

I hope you had a good night's rest. What you've been through is draining and difficult, yet one more necessary step on this path we don't want to go down. It took me over a year before I would even get Bob's name removed from our bank account. I felt like I was betraying him, when in essence it just accentuated the reality of it all. Kay is right on when she said nothing can erase Joe's memory, it has a safe place in your heart forever. Kath