Grief Healing Discussion Groups

29 months today and I feel it was yesterday that I had to say goodby to my life the way it was.There are days that Itry to start my day trying to give a meaning and there are days that I think whats the use going on as Walter said to what?I miss him sooo much I miss his love and the love I gave him.Yesterday I went to hear a lecture tha Irvin Yalom gave in Athens .He analised his last book about death and the fear of death that everyone faces.He did not talk about those that are left behind the only advise he gave was try to connect to the living but how? I try hard to do so looking at my children and grandkids and the one who is to be born.All the love I take and give can not cover my emty heart.I went to church this morning to pray the priest told me that I can not find courage from anyone but myself .I have a family .I miss my life I miss my love the way were.Thank you my far away friends I have so much more to say Im always concernd with the dificulty I have with the language.Does any of you read Greek?TENY

Teny,

Unfortunately I don't read Greek. Your Priest is partly right, you find courage within yourself however it is not a process totally left to your own. You also find it from God, pray to Him and ask Him for the strtength and courage. I remember a passage in the Bible that says something to effect that they have not because they ask not. Ask through Him and it shall be given. I will have you on my prayers. I know this is difficult, April 6th will be 3 years for me and while it has not been easy it has gotten better.

Love always

Derek

Teny,

Have you tried an on line translator, it is fee and it might be of help to you...

http://translation.babylon.com/English/to-Greek (You have to double check the translation by doing it from Greek to English and then back again to see if the meaning stays the same)

There are others if you don't like this one.

I know you're missing Yiany, I'm sorry, I wish I could help you. (((hugs)))

Έχετε μια καλή ημέρα

Kay

Teny - - I'm sorry you're having trouble with the language, especially since my husband would haved loved to converse with you in Greek. His family is originally from Corinthe. Alas, I never learned one word, but I think his mother liked it that way because she could say anything she wanted with me standing right there - just kidding (kind of).

My husband and I were planning on visiting Greece this summer. How ironic that we come to know each other, you and I, after my husband is gone, and with him all our plans for the future. I would have loved for you to meet him. He was a "typical" Greek, refined yet boisterous at the same time, always laughing and extremely handsome.

I think about you often in that far-away country and wish that I could some how speak with you face-to-face. They say that pain is easier when it is truly shared. I never believed that before I became engulfed in my own grief and then found such comfort from others like me, fighting their grief, but communicating and sharing with each other on this site.

I will not tell you to be strong, because I cannot be strong myself. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other each day and the day will pass. One of these days, the pain will be less and eventually, though I don't know when, we may rejoice in being alive ourselves.

Take care. I am thinking of you.

Kathy

Thank you my friends for you replys .Kay I have tried to use the transelation but I give aGreek word and what I get is the same word in english letters.not an english word.KathyIm so sorry we met under this conditions.Myabe some day you will come and visit your Greek family and dont forget to let me know.April is a very dificult month for me .many anniversaries plus Easter .Im also expecting the birth of my grandaughter.Need your support.TENY

Teny,

Could you read the Greek I wrote to you? I tried out the translator both ways before sending it to ensure the meaning was kept intact.

HI TENY,

I REALLY RELATE TO YOU ABOUT FINDING YOUR WAY WITHOUT YOUR HUSBAND.

I STARTED SCHOOL LAST WEEK AND IT SEEMS TO HELP ME GET MY MIND ON SOMETHING

ELSE. I PRAY YOU COULD ALSO FIND A WAY TO GET THROUGH THIS THING WE CALL GRIEF.

OUR HUSBANDS WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS, I AM NOT SAYING GET OVER THIS BY NO MEANS,CAUSE

I BELEIVE WE NEVER WILL. PERHAPS WE WILL FIND A WAY TO COPE FROM DAY TO DAY.

I AM SURE MY HEART WILL ALWAYS BLEED FOR MY LAWRENCE, HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART

FOREVER...AS MY MOTHER WILL BE ALSO.

TENY PLEASE KEEP THE FAITH.

MUCH LOVE

JACKIE