Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm back in Phoenix got in yesterday morning spent the day with my daughter in law and granddaughter till my son got off work and than he brought me home...I couldn't sleep last night just sat in the dark and cried...This morning by daugther took me to see the people i used to work with i hadn't seen them since before Ben passed and they were all so sweet but they didn't know what to say i did enjoy myself but i couldn't wait to leave...everytime around alot of people i get panic attacks and i don't know why .....i hope they go away soon ....My son that lives in El Paso called me today and said that The Texas State Legislators or doing a proclimation for Ben in honor of all the work he did for Civil Rights....its such an honor for him if only all this would have been done when he was alive....

Hi Lucia - - I believe that it's great about the honor for Ben. He will know and now the honor is really to you, because now he lives in your heart. I believe that it's wonderful that you are doing all that you are. I know that the for the first three weeks it was quite an accomplishment for me to go to the supermarket. I couldn't interact with anyone. Just keep taking baby steps. Mostly keep taking care of yourself.

Kathy Papajohn :mellow:

How great that they're doing that honor for your husband! And who knows but maybe he is aware of it!

Lucia, you must be immensely proud. I'm sure you were proud of your husband anyway, but to receive an honour like that is very special. WOW!! I'm sure he does know, but it's still sad that he isn't here to receive it in person, I agree.

Are you going to accept it on his behalf? I'd be so proud, but also very emotional if that were the case.