Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dear Ones,

I've just discovered a resource I want to share with you, courtesy of the blogger Fresh Widow (http://freshwidow.blogspot.com). She writes:

Introducing My New (FREE) Product!

The Widow Card!

One night in my support group, S. said casually that he’d “left work early… I just pulled a widower card.” I thought about how often I’d done this in the months since LH died, but more about how I could make good use of some little advantage. All the handicaps I was living with… single (really, double) parenting, how impossible it was to go grocery shopping with a toddler, and how no one could see that anything was wrong. The side of me that is tempted to shoplift (but only cashmere or chocolate) was aroused. Read more here: http://freshwidow.blogspot.com/2009/01/int...duct-widow.html

Marty I am not sure what happened but when I clicked on the attachment my computer went haywire and had to be shut down completely and started up again, you may want to check into this and make sure it is safe.

Love Always,

Wendy

Oh nuts, Wendy ~ you're right. :wacko: I'm sorry. Normally I use Firefox, but when I clicked on the link using Explorer, I got an Error message. So let's try this instead: Go to Fresh Widow home page, http://freshwidow.blogspot.com and on the right side you'll see "Get Yr Own Widow Cards! (Or Widower Cards)" and click on the card. Instructions and PDF will appear in a pop-up to the left. :rolleyes:

I got it, Marty - it's pretty funny. I haven't used mine yet, but it's been pretty tempting on several occasions. No, I take that back. I use it all the time on telemarketers who ask for Joe. It shuts them up pretty quickly. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the link, Marty. The widow cards were good. I laughed (especially the excuse for not bringing something to the potluck.) But more, I spent time reading some of her blog. She is witty and smart and honest. You've given me another resource. I appreciate that.

Kath

Thanks, Marty. I printed mine off and plan to use a couple this evening.

I've had a rough couple of days. For some reason, when I hear of someone dying, I'm right back in December, even if it's no one I know. (A friend's father passed yesterday). Thursday, a friend of my husband's passed under possibly bizarre circumstances in Thailand, and I just cried both days. I just spoke to him not that long ago. Maybe it's that it reminds me of what I went/ am going through, and I feel so badly for the families.

I'm sure it was a major reminder, Mel, and that's a very common reaction ~ one of those "grief triggers" that can make you feel as if you're right back where you started. But you're not backsliding ~ you're making steady forward progress. Remember that reacting to a grief trigger is normal, it's temporary and it will pass . . .

Mel,

It's the same for me. It's like we understand so much more right down to the depths of our souls and we respond to that. It's never a casual acquaintance anymore. It is a deep reminder of where we started and it gives us a greater understanding to those that are left behind. I haven't noticed that has changed much as time goes on, but I do get a little more courageous in reaching out to those families. I'm sorry about your husband's friend. My next door neighbors just moved to Thailand last week for mission work. Your post cinched my heart a bit.

Take care,

Kath