Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Grandmother

I can't sleep. My grandmother has just passed away. For years, her health was bad, and after my grandfather passed away, she moved out to CA to live with my father. On a healthier diet and taking good healthy supplements and such, she did get healthier living with my dad for 7 1/2 years. But she still had bad lungs.

My father's passing, I feel, was so hard on my grandmother, even though she didn't talk about it. He was her eldest son. He took care of her. He was so loving towards her. In the past month or so, my grandmother's breathing got worse, and just last week I went to visit her because we thought she might go.

My dad's brother, my uncle, came over from across the country, and we all spent time together. :) It was good. We enjoyed spending time together, all three of us, and I got to do some nice service and conversation with my grandmother.

She passed away peacefully in her sleep just a few hours ago. It does not come as a big surprise. But I am sad. She was my dear grandmother. She told me so many wise things. She liked really good food. She was the only person on my dad's side of the family that I knew, before I met my uncle a few years ago. Now, both my grandmother and father are gone, and I have only my uncle. I have not yet met the others on that side of the family, down South, yet.

It is so strange. I was once a person not at all acquainted with loss, although I had lost pets over the years, and even that was heartbreaking enough. Now in a span of months I have lost two family members.

My grandmother had a good passing. She was asleep, and her ears could hear the transcendental sacred hymns, which one of her friends and caretakers who was at the apartment, was singing to her while she slept. So I believe she passed on to somewhere wonderful, having such a spiritual connection at the time of passing. That is important to me, and to her, and to my father and uncle.

I just wanted to tell you all, as my friends and grief community. I might have more such friends soon, hopefully, because I have finally found a local (and very close by) grief support group in my tiny town.

Chai, dear ~ I'm so sorry to learn this sad news about your grandmother. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and you have our deepest sympathy. It's good to know that you've found a face-to-face support group in your town . . .

oh Chai ... life is so cruel. You are too young to carry all this sorrow, it's not fair. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry, sincerely.

My immediate thought was, "at least her Dad has his Mom with him". I don't know if that's the right thing to say to you ... but it gives me a lot of comfort to know that my Mom and Dad are together, and also that my husband has his Mum with him now.

Sending you a huge bear hug

xx

Chai,

My heart aches for you. I know it is difficult to have so much happening in such a short time. I'm glad you got to spend time with your grandmother. I'm glad you found a grief support group near your home. I hope you receive as much love and support as you provide to all of us on this site. Hang in there... I'm thinking of you.

Cubby