Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Rain, Rain, Rain

If any of you have watched the weather, it has rained here in the southeast Atlantic for a solid week. I don't know what it is about the clouds and rain, but it makes the loss of my husband even seem more tragic if that's even possible. I just had his birthday, and now on Oct. 3rd is our anniversary (I'm going to try to get out of town.).

Anyway, today the sun came out and I played this song over and over. It helped my mood so I hope it helps someone else's even if for a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuYfFw-9Oo

Living on the rainy west coast, I know very much how prolonged overcast weather affects moods... I hope your anniversary is bearable - do what you think it will take to get you through the day. For me, I planned the day so that it included some alone time, some time with friends, and some time to quietly honour our love.

Korina

Mel, sometimes I wonder if there is a direct correlation between the rainfall and my tears-fall! It certainly affects most people's moods and perhaps it does worsen the gloom and grief. Sure feels like it. I hope you have sun on October 3rd and send you strength for the day. You say you are getting out of town, but are you planning anything specifically?

Clouds and rain do the same for me, it started here yesterday and I didn't feel like I could get through the day. Now it's supposed to rain here all week. Its going to be a hard week. Thanks for posting the link, I'll definetly listen to that song over and over again.

I hope you find strength on Oct 3.

I think I have felt the change in seasons this last week and it's made me a little down...we haven't had the rain, we've had fires, but the rain is starting this week and it's clouded over, and I've noticed I go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and the nights are getting cold once again. Bummer. Sometimes it not only matches your mood, but sets it. I'm glad you can see a bright spot in it!