Grief Healing Discussion Groups

If Love Is A Red Dress

Ted,

I looked up the song and it's very powerful. I watched Pulp Fiction once, it really bothered me and I didn't put it on my favorites list. I think when someone passes that we loved we can't beat ourselves up about "could have, should have, would haves". We all make mistakes. That's part of what life is all about. The important thing is "What did we learn?" and we move on as we stumble along the road of life. Be good to yourself. Paula

Ted:

It is a very heavy song, but as Paula said, we all make mistakes. NO ONE IS PERFECT. But somehow, through our imperfections, we loved our spouses and they loved us. Everyone has feelings of guilt; I know I struggle with mine. In addition to a wonderful support system, I am also seeing a grief counsellor. Like it or not, we have no choice but to go on without the physical presence of our loved one, and I am trying to do what I can to make my way along this arduous path.

Take care of yourself, and get through this moment - remember, baby steps.

Korina

Paula, Korina, Thanks so much for just taking the time and looking up the lyrics to that song. Actually, I didn't care for all the violence and profanity in "Pulp Fiction" but there were parts of it I liked, like the dance scene with Uma Thurman and John Travolta. You're right...what am I learning from all this? I don't know yet, but I definitely have to concentrate on the baby steps and being kind to myself.

Love you all,

Ted

Korina, I see you are going to a grief counsellor. With all the great encouragement you give everyone on this site, I think YOU are doing a pretty good job of grief counseling the rest of us. Yours and others advice to not beat myself up so much is helping me to focus on things outside of myself. Keep up the good work...I always look forward to your posts and responses.

Best,

Ted

Be kind to yourself...she would.