Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Blue Sky Blues

Most of the time I don't know how to express in words my true feelings on this site. Most of you do a great job in doing that but I find songs express my feelings at any particular time the best. The one I'm listening to a lot right now is "Blue Sky Blues" by Ryan Adams. I know some of you actually look up the words or the song itself...that makes me feel good.

Best to all,

Ted

Beeeeaaauuutiful song...really liked it...Going to see if my son-in-law will learn it for me and my daughter sing it...will have to find the lyrics...thank you Ted...Hope you are keeping your chin up Rochel

Tim, glad you needed the JW Black Label for the Cardinal/Bears game. Just kidding of course since I'm a Cardinal fan. Guess I would have had a couple in celebration (if I'd had any) but have found that the Dewars White is an inexpensive substitute. I have to figure out that moderation thing though.

Ted

Most of the time I don't know how to express in words my true feelings on this site. Most of you do a great job in doing that but I find songs express my feelings at any particular time the best. The one I'm listening to a lot right now is "Blue Sky Blues" by Ryan Adams. I know some of you actually look up the words or the song itself...that makes me feel good.

Best to all,

Ted

i can relate to your concept "exactly", i do the same thing. this song here is beautiful and rings so true, never gonna be alone by nickleback, listen and watch, the loves of our lives are always there and tomorrow i play this for my friends memorial for all to hear and enjoy....joanna

I never heard that song before. I googled "blue sky blues ryan adams lyrics" and a link popped up that played the song. Very haunting, that music. I don't think anyone can fight our own blues, it's something we have to do for ourselves. I do believe that we can gather tools from others in order to do that. My tools were posting on this group and reading it, staying in close contact with friends and family and reading books on grief. I started focusing on the good times Fred and I had in the context of happiness rather than sadness. Those things have eased my blues but certainly not taken them away. I noticed that when I'm saddest now, it's not so much because Fred died but because I feel sorry for myself who now has to live without him. After four months, I'm trying to work on making a life for myself without Fred as an active participant but as ... i don't know ... maybe a good luck charm, a totem or something like that.

Thank you for sharing your song.

Fredzgirl

Fredzgirl, glad you liked the song. Being an old "blues man" myself, I think listening or playing music sometimes helps with the blues. I know a couple of times a day I get my guitar out play some blues and I feel better, plus it gets my mind off of the whole thing for a while.

Best to you,

Ted

The song that will always be Scott to me is the theme to the Pink Panther. Scott asked the musicians at our friends' jazz restaurant play it one day, and just about every time we went thereafter, they would play it when they saw us. They played out Scott's memorial with it.

And Scott was a lifelong Cowboys fan, so I like to hear NFL chit chat. He always liked to boast that he lived through the Hogeboom days). We also had season tickets to the BC Lions up here, though I am more of a CFL fan than he. I laughed last week, as on the news, one anchor said "That beeping sound was the Lions backing up into the playoffs." He was right. But we got through the first playoff, and are in Montreal next weekend (Montreal Alouettes were Scott's real team, plus he was a Montreal Canadiens fan to the core of his being - we have a ton of Habs stuff in the apartment...!).

Korina