Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Todays Email Grief Share

Hi Everybody,

I just opened my email and this was my word for the day...Good to share with the family here...

Grief affects everything you do. It can disrupt every aspect of your life in ways you might not expect.

"I don't think I had time to think because psychologically I wasn't with it," says Nancy, whose husband passed away. "I would do stupid things. I would be coming home thinking I was on X Street, and then I'd realize, 'Well, I'm on the wrong street.' It was dumb things like that."

When life seems chaotic and your world has lost its predictable order, remember that God does not change. Like Nancy, you may find yourself driving down the wrong road, but God is with you, and He is able to get you to your destination.

"What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every GOD-direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward him makes it" (Psalm 18:30 MSG).

Creator God, You are a steadfast presence in my forever-changed world. Amen.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I don't think I ever did get my focus entirely back, still find myself doing stupid things or my brain disappearing on me. Grief is like that, sometimes I think it affects us permanently...it's been 4 1/2 years for me. But yes, it is good to know that God is never-changing and ever-present...in all of the things I've been through, He's been there, and still is, and always will be.

I'm getting a used GPS tomorrrow. So, between God and the Magellan, I hope to find my way more often! (I've been driving around semi-aimlessly for two and a half years now.)

Thanks for sharing this Rochel.