Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Back Again

STARKISS

Hi All,

It is me again, Here I thought I was doing so much better but lately have had a weird dream every night...It starts with me in a plane or train and ends with my parents getting off the plane or train and me dropping a bag of toys all over and while trying to clean them all up the train or plane continues to move and I discover I am on the plane or train without my parents and all I can do is sit there and cry wanting to get off but not being able too... This ends the dream and I wake up each day like this for the past three weeks... Shelley

Hi All,

I think that my dream might be from all the talk about doing something with my parent's ashes finally, you see every once and a while when the family does get together there is talk about what should be done... The problem is that I get ready to have this happen and nothing does happen...I guess that the next time it comes up I should just say now lets set a time and date and a place so that it is more likely to happen... I get all ready to deal with it and than a great let down happens... I think too that the dream might be talking me that my parents are okay to be on their own and that they know that I am doing okay too... So i know that they are happy and that I feel ready to deal with the ashes now... But I need for it to happen and the closure to begin... I know my parents will always be in my heart and thoughts and the memories will live for ever... take care shelley

Hi All,

It is me again and I do not understand this dream after all, All I know is that it is totally freaking me out and I just wish the dream would go farther so that i could make out something that would make me understand more... I know that my parents are in a better place but why am I replaying it over and over again... I am seriously thinking someone does not want me to move on any farther and they want to make it hard all over again for me... I want to move on and how can i when this dream brings it all back to me every night... Or maybe I am trying to hard to move on and God is saying wait and you need to slow down a little more and think through things... I do not know know Shelley

For me, dreams with recurrent dreams have been about my fears. For example, when I was younger, I often dreamed about falling off bridges, cliffs, buildings. I even now ocassionally dream about missing classes and final exams, even though I graduated university 19 years ago.

Korina

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies, I have been really thinking of my lost loved ones so much this time of year that I think just seeing them in the dream has turned out not to scare me anymore but a comfort for me just to see them even if only in my dreams... This year is the fifth year with out my parents and the twenty fifth without my grandmother... Shelley

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Me again, I have had yet another dream this one is a dream about my nephew Evan... I start the dream entering a big hockey arena and as I start to enter I realize it is for a major funeral of several people... As I walk by each coffin I look in... I get to the second last one and notice that it is a child's coffin and I see the body of my nephew Evan inside... I wake right up crying and have a lot of trouble falling back to sleep... Tearfully Shelley

Dear Shelley,

After my husband died, I had a horrible dream full of violence and fear. It had nothing to do with Bob or anything I had experienced in life but left me in a great deal of distress. A counselor explained that I was really vulnerable at the time and this dream encompassed that vulnerability.

Go back to your first interpretation of your first dream; "I think too that the dream might be talking me that my parents are okay to be on their own and that they know that I am doing okay too... So i know that they are happy and that I feel ready to deal with the ashes now... But I need for it to happen and the closure to begin..." This was inspirational to me. Being ready to do something doesn't mean being free from doubt or fear. In fact, real bravery happens when we are fearful of something and do it anyway. If you are thinking a lot about your parents and grandparent at this time, maybe this dream is preying on your vulnerabilities by acknowledging that fear.

Let us know how you do with your parents ashes.

God bless you,

Kath

Dear Shelley (and others who may be interested),

This announcement comes to us from Carla Blowey, author of Dreaming Kevin: The Path to Healing. You may want to participate in this live, online chat:

DreamsR4Healing Online Chat on Thursday, January 7 at 6:00 pm

Event: DreamsR4Healing online chat

What: Club/Group Meeting

Start Time: Thursday, January 7 at 6:00 pm MST (5:00 pm PST - 7:00 pm CST - 8:00 pm EST)

End Time: Thursday, January 7 at 8:00 pm

Where: www.loveneverdies4u.org

Information at www.dreamingkevin.com

To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:

http://www.facebook....b348bG3b905bcG7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have started seeing a therapist and she is helping me deal with some things in my life that have been difficult for me... I think that alot of things have been bury inside of me and before I can deal with the present issues I have to deal with my difficult past... I have discovered that until I do deal with my past the future is going to get worst... Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts... Shelley

Dear Starkiss, I'm so sad that you are having these confusing dreams but I think you are doing the right thing by seeking professional help to sort through these troubling times. I believe when we love someone, mom, dad, gram, gramps, spouse, child, sibing, pet we carry their spirit with us forever. It is hard to understand what your dreams mean but since you have unfinished business it seems it might be a struggle to be done with it and then move on. God Bless Jude

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your kindness, it is certainly nice to know that this website is here and that Our family here is the greatest... I am so thankful for that... I am having some weird dreams and therapy I hope I can move forward... Shelley

Shelley, dear ~ It's so good to hear from you, and I'm so pleased to learn that you are seeing a therapist face-to-face. You have come so far in your journey, and I am so very proud of you! Keep your chin up, keep on going, and know that we are right here for you, cheering you on, every step of the way. Hooray for you, Shelley! You go, girl! :wub:

Hi Marty,

Thanks for being someone easy to talk to and all the encouragement you have given me... I am so thankful for this site and the family here... I am finding it hard to do therapy but I am told it gets easier the more you attend... Keep me in your prayers Shelley

Hi All,

I am just letting people know that I am attending a therapist face to face, it has been so very hard but I am trying to deal with forgiving my dad... I have been holding a secret for 30 years and I have found someone to trust to help me learn to forgive him...

My dad sexually, verbally, and emotionally abused me... He did this from ages 9 to 16 years old and I finally kicked him so hard that he did not try anything ever again..

This is why I think my journey has stopped for awhile I know with my mom's death I have learned that she is in a better place and that she is okay.... I have really good memories to help me on my way...

My dad and i have a bad time and this is why I am not sure how I am going to move forward until I learn to forgive him...

Thanks for listening

Shelley