Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Healing Grief

I copied this from our Pastor's daily devotional and thought it helpful.

Ted

Just as it takes time for a broken bone to heal, it is the same with our broken hearts. The pain can be unbearable. As with an injury, treatment is needed for the broken hearted. Doctors tell us that there is a definite relationship between illness and unattended grief. When the emotions do not heal properly, this may affect the entire body; physically, emotionally and spiritually. Time by itself is not always the answer. Sometimes we need to reach out for comfort and direction from those who have experienced the grieving process. God is standing by with hand extended to help those who are suffering. The Bible says in Lamentations 3:22-23, “…for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is His faithfullness.”

Hi Ted,

Thanks for sharing the devotional. I definitely need God's compassion renewed daily. Today I'm feeling sad. I turn to God for hope and peace and way to continue to endure this sadness. Thankfully, we do not walk alone. We have each other, we have the spiritual presence of our loved ones, and we have God. I guess somehow, someway we will find a new way to live. But, for today, I'm just going to rest and take care of me.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda