Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Anniversary

I thought that I would be completely distraught today, every little thing triggering a flood of emotion and memories, but so far I am just totally numb. Nothing seems to register. It may seem early to most but I've been up for awhile.

Normal?

Happy Anniversary John. Duke died on July 8, 2009. We had been married 40 years in 2008. In October was our 41st anniversary on the 5th, his 66 birthday on the 8th, and also 3 mos. on the 8th that he passed. I dreaded that week approaching but if you read my post for 41st Anniversary you'll see I survived. It was a rough week but somehow I prepared myself for it. Our memories we have of our loved ones sustain us through the toughest times. And remember they are by our side always. I'm sure you'll feel it today if you try. God Bless.

I thought that I would be completely distraught today, every little thing triggering a flood of emotion and memories, but so far I am just totally numb. Nothing seems to register. It may seem early to most but I've been up for awhile.

Normal?

Hi John,

The numbness is God's mercy...I prayed for you this morning to get thru one minute at a time...do only what you can do...Bless your day...Rochel

Good Morning John,

Happy Anniversary! Although I haven't had this "first" yet, I believe that the memories and the love that we still feel will help us through times like this. Be kind to yourself and remember to take one step at a time. I will say a prayer that you will find some comfort during this special day.

Take care,

Kat