Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How wonderful is that. I was not given the option to donate because my husband passed away in Mexico...but I can only imagine that it would be a good feeling in the midst of such pain. I am sorry for your loss of your husband Jeff.

I hope this gives you comfort, particularly as time passes a bit more.

Hugs,

Korina

That is wonderful! As a donor, it must have been what he wanted to do in this event.

Dear Ipswitch

I truly understand your feelings. I'm glad I knew his wishes and that I had the inner strength to follow through on them when confronted with this situation with absolutely no warning.

I know that eight families have had nine months of joy because of him - I am truly happy for them, and proud of him in death as I always was in life, but it really doesn't bring me any comfort nine months later. I thought it would.

Today is our wedding anniversary. I've been back to feeling the physical agony of his loss from my life all day today.

Hoping that tomorrow brings some relief from it. Don't know how I survived the first five months feeling like this 24/7....Susie Q

Susie:

I dreaded our anniversary, but found that the days preceding were worse that the actual day. I planned some activities and was with friends part of the day, so that helped. It was only just over a month after he died, so I was still numb. But I like to think he was there is spirit for me, helping me through the day.

I hope you are feeling better - my thoughts are truly with you.

And though it may be off-topic, I want you to know that so many of your posts have very articulately put into words what I have been feeling - thank you for that.

Ipswitch, I hope you don't mind that I kind of butted in on your thread with this post.

Korina

Oh, Jeff's birthday is coming up in June, and our anniversary is 16 days later. I don't know how you feel, now, but I will then.

I hope the days ahead will be better.

I had been doing rather well, but the second half of this week has been tough, for reasons unknown to me. Just thinking about him a lot. Also, three other acquaintances have died since Jeff was diagnosed. It's a little unnerving to see so many fall in such a short period, especially people in their 40s and 50s.