Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wisdom From M. Hickman

"Though we mourn the passing of that loved one, we think how much poorer our lives would have been had we not inhabited the world together! While we hope for a continuation of life together beyond death, it is no small thing to have known and cherished one another in the spectacular setting - life."

"I am grateful from the core of my being for the life I have shared with my loved one." (Jeannie) smile.gif

**from her great little book Healing After Loss.

Walt,

Thank you for sharing this...it's so true. I am forever grateful for the bit of time George and I got to share together, it was so very special and it will never be the same without him in my life.

Walt-

I have not visited this site for a while and yet I was just thinking very similar thoughts today about my Joe. What if I had never met him? The loss and grieving are horrific at times but the ten years of happiness was amazing. Time makes it a little easier to recognize the need to be appreciative. How many people do we all know that never share a love like all of us had?

Thank you Walt for sharing.

- Linda G

I have read this passage several times, as this book has provided great words of wisdom for me (also gave my mother-in-law a copy, and I believe she found truth and comfort knowing others understood how she was feeling). I have found comfort in the passage, though I must admit it has also made me angry because all I wanted was my man back, and in those moments, I didn't feel thankful at all. However...when those feelings passed, I knew and know to my core that I am grateful and lucky to have been with Scott for 20 years, when others can live a lifetime and never find their soulmate.

Korina