Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Son And My Husband In 3 Years Too Hard

3 years ago our only son committed suicide. That so impossible to bear, but then I had my husband to share the pain with. You should never out live your children!! He was not a child but 48 with lots of alcohol and drug problems in the past. Now here I sit with neither of them with me. Have a lot of wonderful family around, but my two guys are missing and it hurts so much. Somedays I wonder how I can manage to live the life I have now.

Marion Claire

I am so sorry that you have to bear this pain of losing these two important people in your life in such a short time. I know from experience that every day is a huge struggle and I hope that some time soon the burden will feel a little lighter for you.

I see small glimmers of that possibility from time to time for me and then it vanishes. I am holding onto the hope that there will be a future when I can wake up in the morning feeling sure I can survive the day. I hope that for you too.

My thoughts are with you ....Susie Q

Hi Marion Claire,

I am so sorry for your losses. HUGS! (((((((( ))))))).

Have you gone to any type of grief sessions or grief counseling? It might be a good idea. I have done a little and it helps a little. Nothing is the same though without my Mom and Dad who I miss so much.

OMG, Marion, that is too hard! I am so sorry! You're right, people shouldn't have to outlive their children. Please stay on this site, it'll be of immense help to you, just to have others to relate to, there's a good group of people here. (((hugs!)))

Kay

Marion,

I am so sorry for both your losses.

I also found that the grief sessions where a great help to me. This is a hard journey but many helpful people on this site who have gotten me through the hardest times just by reading their posts and knowing I am not alone.

Take care.

Mary Lou

You are right, Marion, no one should have to live without their children. I often think of this when I think of my mother in law, who lost her husband 19 years ago, and then her son last year. I am thankful she has her daughter, grandchildren, including our daughter. But it surely is NOT fair. I will never understand it, and don't expect to. But we have to continue on, and that is just the reality of it. Do you have close friends or other family for support?

Korina

I am blessed with 5 wonderful daughters and 14 grown grandchildren. They are also hurting real bad, but they are always here if I need them so I am very fortunate. But still I am alone it feels at times because they are grieving different type of loses. None of us are doing real good, but I have been told many times no matter what time of day or night if I need someone to talk to or need someone to come over just call and they will be here as soon as they can. So I know I am far luckier than lots of people. But also in that mix I have 2 daughters who truly hate each other and their kids also hate each other. Always problems too in a large family. Not complaining just needed to talk, and that is what is so special about this group. You can let out whatever you need too. I love you all for being here and listening to me rambling on. Hugs to all here on this site.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss of your son and your husband. I also lost my 37 year old son to suicide on July 3rd, just over a month ago. The pain is so bad sometimes I feel like my heart will explode. Only another mother can understand the deep pain of losing a child to suicide. Jamie was my only son. God how I miss him.