Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Season Past

six months ago I met the most amazing man, Shawn Decew. He lit up my heart like I never thought anyone could. He made me feel alive again after five years of being a single mother, I never thought I deserved anyone as amazing as him. He loved me even though my life had nothing but baggage. We lived four hours away, both busy with jobs. He was so passionate about life, out in the mountains every chance he got. He met me for a date in Seattle four months ago, we had so much fun. The next day he went out for a hike. He got to the top of the mountain, was taking a picture, lost his footing and fell 200ft. I stil can't believe he is gone. He was my light, my hope, I love him so much. We weren't together long, but when you find a good cookie, you know. I only wish we could have had all the memories, or kids, or just more time. I don't know why he had to go and that is the hardest part of it all. I really don't have people in my life to talk to about it often, you know their life just goes on and they didn't lose this amazing person. Everyday is a new feeling and emotion I didn't know I had, but lately I have just felt mad that you left. It's hard to believe that I will never see you again, your smile and eyes. I love you Shawn.

amysue...i recently joined this site, and one thing you can be sure of is that theres alot of supportive caring people on here. This and family and friends can get you through. Theres so many people on here all going through grief...People having lost their husbands of many years, people having lost their husbands of a few years, people like me who lost my boyfriend of over 3 years in a car accident (just over a month ago) when we were a few months from our engagement and then people like you who have lost someone they just started planning a future with. I too have been robbed of a future and wish I had had more time with him. I will forever wonder about all the things we planned and dream of it all...

I too am so sad that I'll never see my Zuby's smile again... Keep writing here hun... All here for you

Amy Sue,

I am sorry you lost your Shawn. Love isn't bound by time...whether we spent a year or fifty together, we still miss them and it wasn't enough time together. I like that he had such zest for life! It's so hard to understand why they have to die so prematurely...

(((hugs)))

Kay

Amy Sue:

Such a tragedy - Shawn sounds like a wonderful man. Too many tragedies here, but I guess we are all bound together by these tragedies, and help each other through the really tough days. I am glad you have found us.

Korina