Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Address In The Stars

missingmy daddy

This is a song by Caitlin and Will that I found and it says everything I am feeling about losing my Daddy. I just thought I'd share it here. It is a country song and you can find it on Youtube.

I stumbled across your picture today

I could barely breathe

The moment stopped me cold and grabbed me like a thief

I dialed your number but you wouldn't be there

I knew the whole time but it's still not fair

I just wanted to hear your voice

I just needed to hear your voice

What do I do with all I need to say

So much I wanna tell you everyday

Though it breaks my heart

I cry these tears in the dark

I write these letters to you

But they get lost in the blue

Cause there's no address in the stars

Now I'm driving through the pitch black dark

I'm screaming at the sky

Oh cause it hurts so bad

Everybody tells me, oh all I need is time

Then the morning rolls in and it hits me again

Light ain't nothing but a lie

What do I do with all I need to say

So much I wanna tell you everyday

I cry these tears in the dark

I write these letters to you

But they get lost in the blue

Cause there's no address in the stars

Without you here with me

I don't know what to do

I'd give anything just to talk to you

Oh it breaks my heart

All I can do is write these letters to you

But there's no address in the stars

This song express things that I can't express and it always makes me cry, but I love it so much....

wow thank you for sharing missingmy daddy, those words are just exactly right just put in such a nicer way than I could ever express.

I wish we had an address and phone number for "Heaven" or whatever, I look forward to the day I finally understand WHY that is not possible.

havent listened to the song yet but I will, I just love those words,

(HUGS)

Just beautiful ~ Thank you so much for sharing this song with us! Would you consider adding it to the list on our Grief Songs Web page?

Marty - I would be more than happy to share it on the Grief Songs Web page. If it can help someone as much as it has me then by all means go ahead! It is by a country duo named Caitlian and Will.

niamh, Thank you! I thougth those words were exactly right when I first heard the song also. I was listening to music videos one morning right after my Daddy passed and I could not form words for what I was feeling. I was sitting on ym couch crying my eyes out as I held a picture of him and praying I could find some way to get it out. THen the video to that song came on and I was just like "Yes! That is how I am feeling!" I've said it was my Daddy's way of helping me because he knows how much I love music and always say songs say it better than I ever could. I hope you like the song when you do listen to it. Hugs to you!

I am sorry for your loss and pain. Thank you so much for sharing...wonderfully expresses this journey. I will listen to the song now....Carol Ann

I listened to this last night and I love it, it's another I've added to my youtube favourites.I do think this was straight from your Daddy hun, the words, the timing of it, the fact that you were struggling to find the words to how you felt.

I've had a few particular songs come on at certain times and I do think they are from my Dad also. Although it is never enough, a song ? I'd rather sense him, have him visit in a dream but for now songs is all I've got. This is one I posted a while back that you might also like, just click here to see the post and link to it

HUGS as always,xo

Carol Ann - Thank you. I hope you like the song and it helps you as it has helped me.

Niamh - I so agree that I would rather sense my Daddy somehow than just have a song; a song will never be enough. But if that is all I can get right now then I will gladly accept it and cherish it as I ahve this song. Sometimes a song can help so much when you don't have the words or you just can't bare to say them yet. I did listen to the song you posted and I cried as I did. I love it and will be adding it to my favorites as well. Hugs to you hun.