Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I just posted a topic about being positive, and here I am being negative again. But I'm just wondering if anyone else struggles with mornings the way I do. I have a hard time getting out of bed because I know I have to get through another day. And I spend a couple of hours crying at the breakfast table. It's just me and the dog, so I'm not dragging other people with me, though the dog doesn't like it. She keeps bringing me her ball and wants to play, or sits and whines at my feet. Maybe going back to work in the mornings would be an idea, but what if I sit and cry there too?

How do the rest of you cope with mornings?

Melina

I'm actually ok in the mornings. I get up earlier than I need to. So I'm not stressed or rushed. Turn on tv get on the computer..walk the dogs/put on my makeup anddo one chore at least. You know laundry or put away stuff. This is even when it just happened. What I have found is I won't do something if I don't want to. I never procrastinated before. If I feel overwhelmed I procrastinate.That's new behavior. Remember that commercial on tv...who does depression hurt? Everyone. It has a dog wanting to play. They know. There is no right or wrong way to go through what is our mental health to survive this. Walking the dog helps the dog and you. It makes serontonin our feel good endorphin. Walk your dog alot in the mornings. It'll help you for mornings at least. Then get a morning job and look at people in the eyes. Smile at them for their sake at least. You'll find it takes you away from turning inward and being caught in that time loop.LindaKay

Mornings during the week are easier for me. I am busy getting ready for work and making sure the dog is taken care of before I leave. Weekends are another story. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed. I do find that once I get going it gets alittle easier. I just have to push myself to get started. Now that it is only me I have to do all the yard work and it takes up alot of my time on the weekends. I am not too fast especially when it is 98 degrees outside. Well it is about that time. I have procrastinated long enough ..... the yard is waiting.

Take care,

Kat

I keep super busy during the day so it's at night that I have a hard time, I never have loved being alone. I don't mind being alone part of the time if I know there's going to be someone there part of the time, but always alone, I don't like it.

If I didn't have Kailyn and work, I fear I would lie in bed and get more and more depressed. As it is, I have to get up and take care of Kailyn on the weekends, and go to work during the week.

When you are ready to go back, I suspect the first days at work will be very difficult, but as you get into the groove, it will give you something else to concentrate on.

Korina

Morning are not too bad for me, evenings are much harder. It is the coming home after work, knowing that Mike won't be at home, and won't be coming home that gets me the most. I do feel he is there is spirit a lot, but I need him there in person. There is a whole evening and night every day to get through without him. I agree with Kayc, I don't like it!

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Melina, I am sorry you are struggling. Bless your dog as I think he is doing his best to distract you from your pain. My mornings are not to bad for me as I am grateful to have made it through another night, and another opportunity to find joy in my day. Nights are the worst for me, always have been. When I first went back to work after Melissa suicided, I only did half days, for a month, then back to full time hours. Sometimes if we even just do the basics, have a shower, make the bed, walk/play with the dog, it can help us get through that "frozen" place of despair.

Blessings, Carol Ann