Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Mark 10 Weeks And Its Veterans Day

Today was a bit rough for me as it marks 10 weeks, and it is Veterans day. Though my Honey was very humble about his services in the 101st Airborn Division of the US Army. I have since been told that many lives were depending on his skills as a navigator, and he was far from being “Just along for the ride” as he always said. He was awarded several medals and he only showed me a few of them once. He never told me any stories about what he went through and that was ok. After he passed away I was looking through his stuff under the bed (I had promised him I wouldn’t look till after he was gone). I found so much more than I expected. Pictures, documents, yearbooks, and 14 medals many of which had valor device attached. He was, and is, and always will be my HERO, and even though I can not thank him again in person as I used to do often (not just on veterans day), I can here.

Buck, my love, I Thank You for all you have done for this country, and for all you have done for me !!!

And to any Veterans here that may read this post I Thank You too !

Rachel

We salute your Buck, and all of the other veterans around the world! I'm sure your heart is with him today...but then it always is. :)

I salute your Buck and all Veterans. What a treasured gift for you to have been given by your beloved Buck. We hear you thanking your beloved Buck and we see the love you both shared.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Today was a bit rough for me as it marks 10 weeks, and it is Veterans day. Though my Honey was very humble about his services in the 101st Airborn Division of the US Army. I have since been told that many lives were depending on his skills as a navigator, and he was far from being “Just along for the ride” as he always said. He was awarded several medals and he only showed me a few of them once. He never told me any stories about what he went through and that was ok. After he passed away I was looking through his stuff under the bed (I had promised him I wouldn’t look till after he was gone). I found so much more than I expected. Pictures, documents, yearbooks, and 14 medals many of which had valor device attached. He was, and is, and always will be my HERO, and even though I can not thank him again in person as I used to do often (not just on veterans day), I can here.

Buck, my love, I Thank You for all you have done for this country, and for all you have done for me !!!

And to any Veterans here that may read this post I Thank You too !

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

My Clint is also known as "Buck"...!