Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Don And My Anniversary Today

Guest NancyL

This morning I woke up and said aloud Happy Anniversary sweetie. Then I went over to his bilfold and pulled out his drivers license and kissed his photo on it because thats the only picture I have of him, or at least in the last 10 years. Somehow, I don't feel bad, just a little sad, but I think I'll be OK. I'm remembering how happy we were to be getting married and I think that remembering that happiness is going to override the sad. So to all my new friends, if you think of me today, do it with a smile for I will be smiling too. Nancy

Smiling back at you Nancy. I hope your day was filled with happiness in rememberance. Thinking of you.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Thank you everyone for the wishes. I went early in the morning to the cemetary, I at first wasn't going to go because I view that as only the place where Dons body is, not him, but I was drawn there by??? Anyway, I spent some time just wandering aimless in stores, popped into some small stores where only the owners were about, and exchanged small talk. All in all it was OK. Later I talked with my son and daughter-in-law, asked my son to send me a picture he has of Don and I so I wouldn't have to look at Dons drivers license to remember him, and later when I looked on his facebook page, the picture was there, so I could at least look fondly at Don in a better picture. They talked me into letting them drive down to be here on Christmas day (it's a five hour drive), so I guess I'll go shopping for dinner items today. Nancy

Nancy,

Even though you may want to be alone this holiday, I'm happy that you will have family to share part of the holidays with.

Maybe you could light a candle for Don and remember all the wonderful Christmases you had.

Lainey

I hope your day continues well...I carry George's driver's license around with me all of the time, even still. I know legally we aren't supposed to be in possession of it, but I'd like to see them try to rip it away from a widow!