Grief Healing Discussion Groups

To All Here

I wish for all of us to find at least a tiny ray of peace and happiness this holiday season. I'm sure our loved ones are looking down on us wishing for us to be happy.

I,for one, am remembering the Chrismases past that were spent with Lars and our families and am realizing that we were very blessed to have been able to have the time we had together.

I will be thinking of all here today.

Lainey

P.S. Light a candle for your loved one.

Thank you Lainey for your warm wishes for all of us. I have found peace and am working on happiness, but I'll settle for peace right now. I must be different than most however, because I lit a candle for Don a few weeks ago, and it only brought me sadness, I hated when the light was extinguished. Why??? Anyway, I will be thinking of all in the day(s) ahead. Nancy

Lainey,

I've lit a candle - several, in fact. But tonight (we Norwegians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve), I'm playing happy, upbeat music, and not hymnal Christmas music. Thinking of everyone and sending positive thoughts. Feeling tired, but hopeful.

Melina

Thank you, Lainey. I too am feeling blessed in rememberance of Christmas's past and this Christmas for what I have found. I know my Melissa is at peace and that she resides in heaven and within me forever. I am so grateful that in my lifetime I was able to give love and be loved so richly.

I also hope that warmth, peace, and joy touches everyone, even if just a wee moment over this holiday season. If you need a hug..consider yourself hugged.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Melina,

Because of Lars' Norwegian background, there are many candles lit in my house also. We also celebrate Christmas Eve because of his tradition. Tomorrow it is for my families tradition.

Wishing you peace in your heart.

Lainey

Merry Christmas to everyone. My son and I lit candles for Clint this morning, next to his picture and his favorite 'signature' sunglasses.

Peace and love to all.

Good morning, it's 6:30 am here and I came on line to wish you all a Merry Christmas and let you know a prayer is being said for all of you but esp. those who it's their first or second year without their mate as that's the hardest. I love each and every one of you and you're in my thoughts.

Merry Christmas, and may you sense your loved one's presence as you go through your day and know that your love still exists and they are there in spirit...somewhere...they've just changed form, but they haven't disappeared as we sometime fear. God be with you...

Kay

At my friends Joe and Steve's house on Christmas eve a candle was lit, and a place set for the Christmas Angel, representing all our dear loved ones who were gone. Then one friend rang the bell to summon the Christmas Angel. It was a beautiful ceremony, and I truly felt Mike's spirit in the room. Christmas morning was pretty hard, but I got through it, and went to my daughters for presents and dinner, then later Christmas evening to another friends house for a late supper with more friends. I am so blessed. My friends and family have surrounded me this Christmas. We talk about Mike, laugh and share memories of him, and that is such a blessing. I will always miss him, and this first Christmas without him is so hard, but it helps that friends and family have not forgotten, and want to share memories of him.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas