Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thank You Is Not Enough

Dear Everyone, Since my initial posting on 5-31, I have visited this site with what some would describe as a voracious appetite. I have read your commentaries and stories with difficulty because the tears I shed while I read blur my vision. The most intriguing aspect of this forum is that even though each of us is in our own private hell, so many of you reach out to others to extend ecouragement and understanding. A real understanding that transcends the the mind of those that have not yet endured what we have. It is for that reason that I extend to each of you my deepest gratitude for your care and even more importantly, for your replies to my posting. For the first time in ten months I feel almost like I am back among the living, mostly because I know I am not alone in my anguish. I know it is not appropriate to use the cliche that misery loves company, but because of your empathy, all of you can understand where I am. I see this forum as a lifeline and all of you are holding the rope at the anchor end. My Lisa was a very private person, so I hope she would understand my need for this sort of contact. Since I have shared so much with all of you already, here is a brief word snapshot of who I am. Lisa and I were both 58 at the time of her transition, we have one grandson, two adult sons, one adult daughter, (our baby girl), and her husband, and I reside in the high desert region of north eastern New Mexico. My wife and I are committed Christians, although I must admit to railing at God on many occasions. I believe he understands.

Thanks to each and every one of you and blessings upon you all, Marc

Marc,

So very true, I echo your words and feelings towards all these wonderful people.I've been on this site over a year and know that if I need reassurance all I need is to come here.

Thank you for putting into words what alot of us are thinking.

Lainey

Marc,

You are so right, this is the place to be. Just yesterday I was feeling so down, and finding it just so hard to do anything. Then I posted my feelings and mfh gave me a different way that older people look and feel grief. Her words made me feel so much better. This is the best place to be. When you feel down people help lift you up. An when I read about people being at their lowest I try to lift them up. Pauline and I have very strong Christian believes, I know she is in God Kingdom where she will be waiting for me. I also believe that God is leading me on the rest of my journey through life. I miss and cry every day for my Pauline. I will see her again.

God Bless You and keep up the faith

Dwayne

Thanks, Marc for saying what I feel so well. One thing I like about this is the ability to post something I would love to share and there is just no one at that particular time to share it with. I am so used to telling Bill just about everything and with that outlet and sharing gone, and with friends who though great are not always available or in some cases do not get it...it is a relief to have this forum. I thank everyone also. mfh

Marc,

God does indeed understand. I think He'd rather have our authenticity than our pasting on phony faces and parroting meaningless words. Your wife would certainly understand your need to share even though she is a private person, because this is something you have had to weather the storms through on your own and who can argue that, it's tough and not for the fainthearted. I know I've made some mistakes, but I know my George would not judge or criticize me, instead he is cheering me on, encouraging me each step of the way.