Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I made it through another weekend. My son and future daughter in law came down for the weekend, along with her parents and grandmother. A friend hosted a couple's bridal shower for them. My son played in a golf tournament to benefit hospice and won 1st place. It was a lovely weekend with a lot of people around me which is always good. I am so thankful for the people and friends that I have in my life. It isn't the same as my spouse that I miss so much and it never will be the same; but I have friends and they have been there for me. They check on me daily, they invite me out, to their house, activities, etc. My spouse is no longer here and I have to find a new way to fill my life with purpose. I just have to allow my heart to open up and allow those individuals that care about me to comfort me and be there when I need them. I may not have a traditional family here close by, but I do have dear friends that I call my family.

Blessings

Becky

Becky,

I'm glad you have such good friends...I was amazed that mine all disappeared when George died, I wouldn't have expected that.

I'm also glad you made it through another weekend, that is a feat in itself!

I too made it through another weekend...It was my birthday and my son came over early am and stained the deck for me. Was on Bill's to do list but he never got to finish that list. Took all day in the hot sun to get it done...but wonderful for me...actually got to fix a meal for someone again...felt good....Daughter in law had to work so I had him all to myself...I adore my daughter in law but to have my son home for the day was comforting since could not share as usual with Bill. Daughters came over and we all shared memories of past birthdays when Bill was with us. Even through some tears, it was a good day. Next day...fathers day...kids came home and we sent bright blue balloons skyward with our love notes. Thanks to this site for the suggestion...would not have thought to do it otherwise...so you see..just by sharing your actions how you impacted our dreaded Fathers Day without Bill??? We never know how we can touch another life without even knowing it...so thank you!!

Sunday evening...alone again..tried to be truly thankful for the good the weekend brought but caught myself sucking my thumb in the midst of a pity party for me...anniversary coming up on Thursday...55th...and the tears flowed...and I prayed for strength to get me through this week...and Thursday....so far so good...God was listening...and even thouigh I can't touch him...I feel Bill's arms around me....If I die befor you do...I'll go to heaven and wait for you...those words give me comfort and so looking forward to that moment....

So that was my weekend. I hope you all had some bright moment in yours.

just one more hug

It sounds like your weekend went well, I'm glad you got some time with your son and got your deck stained too!