Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thinking Of You All And Grateful

Hello All

I received a wonderful email from Cheryl and it made me realise how much i missed you all and how grateful ive been to have had each of you holding my hand through that most difficult time of my life. This forum saved me on so many days! Now nearly 2 years later, after my recovery break in the US (8 months), i am back in South Africa, healed (mostly - as i do from time to time become overly sensitive, think of him when things go wrong etc) and living life again.

Ive met someone, the one that stuck around and wiped my tears. Mr Mcdreamy as I would call him. The most amazing person in this world. Love is possible again...

My message to those who are grieving. TIME. Its the most important aspect of your healing. In this forum everyone always told me that, and they we're right. There will be many ups and downs, but the downs will lessen as you go through the journey and time has passed. The friends i made here and the true friends here in SA, helped me through the downs.

Hope everyone is doing well...wish you peace during your pain...

Lots of love

MZM

I am so glad to read from someone who is 2 years out in the grieving process. I thought I was "turning a corner" and definitely experiencing a "shift" in the intensity of my pain. But last night and this morning it felt like he died last week instead of 9 months ago. I'm really down today. But I'm happy to know that someone (MZM in South Africa) is finding happiness and love. Peace, JKC

It's good to hear from you again and I'm glad you've found some happiness!

• 2 weeks later...

JKC you will go through these ups and downs alot especially in the first year...It will still feel like just yesterday. Sometimes you will cry, in vain, cry to the walls....its all part of the healing. It does get better and when the times are tough, we're all here....

LThere are many great people on this site Kayc for one...

Love and peace to all

MZM