Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just Going Through The Motions

Lina,

It's good that you broached it with her, I think you handled it very well.

It has been awhile since I posted/replied on here. I'm not doing well. It doesn't feel like anything will make me feel better.

Missing Him,

My visits come and go as well. I find myself coming to visit when I need the supportive affirmation that I am not alone in my emotions. I recall the first months and all the tears that I cried. I now regret the advice of some friends who said: "dive back into your work and stay as busy as you can will help keep your mind from think about it". To me that advise only prolonged my grieving. It wasn't until my "busyness" slowed and I began to take time for myself that my grief hit hard. I was glad a women at the hospital gave me a Hospice brochure. It was when I had hit a point of not knowing how to handle my emotions that I came across the brochure again and found this site. I will go days without feeling depressed and then blam... it hits me again. It is on those moments that I find myself back here, where I know I can find uplifting advice and support from many who have, or are, on the same journey. Caring and understanding.

Anthony

Anthony,

You are never alone on this journey, although it may feel that way. I think staying busy helps, but you're right, we still have to face our grief, but maybe staying busy lets us deal with it with we're in a more ready state. It's tough no matter when we face it. (((hugs)))