Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This Is So Bittersweet....

I havent shed much of a tear for Mike since 5/9.....I am currently packing up the house here in anticipation of the move. Ed and I have closed and have the keys for a beautifull new home in the mts!!! This is something Mike wanted, it is also something I have wanted since before knowing Mike.......and interstingly so this is what Ed has wanted for a long time. Today as I take down Mikes things and wash them, for you know according to Mike you should move only clean items.........I cant help to feel a bit sad and have shed some tears which has surprised me......I hate this place, and yet I dont, it is a wonderfull home it is where my life started with Mike, it was where my life ended with Mikes death.......it is where Ed through great persistence on his part, stuck it out and wormed his way into this broken heart, wonder what he really saw in me! But thankfully he has stuck it out! Know that you would all love him as much as I do, so kind, loving, funny.....

Anyhow today caught me off guard.......I really am excited about this move, and know it is what Ed and I need, yet cant help feeling bittersweet about this..........Dave

Found it was amazing to spend the day cleaning,crying.....long day.....went outside to get all in due a Haboob, dust storm.....earlier today went to a neighborhood recycling center and helped myself to newspapers to move.....little did I know one of the papers i picked up......was from Mikes hometown Hudson Oh.........wow guess he is here, what are the chances to pickup a newspaper from his hometown, all the way in AZ!!! Am smiling now! Dave

Dave,

Thinking of you today and yes it is bittersweet. I hope even as you hold dear memories in your heart, the comfort of knowing you have a future will warm you.

little did I know one of the papers i picked up......was from Mikes hometown Hudson Oh.........wow guess he is here, what are the chances to pickup a newspaper from his hometown, all the way in AZ!!! Am smiling now! Dave

That is so sweet and wonderful. I really do think our loved ones send us messages and let us know they love us and are still watching out for us. *hugs* I am so glad Mike was able to send you that newspaper.

Dave I know this move, while exactly what you need, is also hard, becausing a chapter is closing. I loved the story about the newspaper from Mike's home town. I do think they communicate in the oddest ways. My Mike bought a kind of small cow bell, dinner bell to hang on our back porch. It is pretty heavy and does not make a sound unless it is pretty windy. Yesterday morning I was in the kitchen, and heard a soft slow ringing. I looked out, and with no wind going on at all, the bell was slowly softly ringing, with the clapper slowly moving from side to side. I have a feeling my Mike was letting me know he was close.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas