Grief Healing Discussion Groups

11 Years Ago

Eleven years ago today was the happiest day of my life. It was the happiest day of George's life too, it was the day we got married. He had such a "gotcha!" look on his face once the vows were said. It was a day of such hope and promise...I wish it hadn't had to end so soon. "Sweetest Day", it was also the day you set your clocks back, so we got an extra hour on our honeymoon. :)How could things change so much? I didn't tell anyone today, and no one remembered. Isn't it funny how everyone but yourself forgets? I will never forget...

You are in my heart. gotcha is such a good word. :) Remembering is both good and painful. An extra hour had to be so good as YOU look back. People move on, don't they? One nice thing about our lives is that we don't have to move on... You are in my heart. Happy remembering. (((hugs))) Anne

None of us will ever forget that special day be it 11 years ago or 50. But yes, I agree, it is interesting how others do forget or at least do not acknowledge it. I am sorry your dream was cut so short and glad you had your dream for a while and to carry in your heart forever.

Peace

Mary

Kay - It is sad that nobody acknowledged this day. It is hurtful in my eyes when people do this. I love the comment about the look on George's face. That brought a smile to my face. We all were blessed to be loved so much. Thinking of you.

Tonight I have my sister's wedding to go to. This will be a tough one to attend as I will be thinking of our wedding, hearing the love songs, etc. I will be a crying mess I'm afraid.

Is there someone going to this wedding that you can be a crying mess with? Can you team up with that person so you have an understanding hand to hold and shoulder to cry on? I do relate to the wedding sadness...my niece is getting married next September and I am already knowing it will be a bittersweet day. Memories, songs etc as .you say. We are here with understanding.

Peace

Mary

It sounds like your sister's happiness matters but does your pain? Will there be anyone there who gets it? If not and you are just beside yourself, don't be afraid to take a break. Perhaps take your own car so you are free. Of course this is a huge day for your sister but it is a hard day for you and both matter.

I will be thinking of you,

Mary

You guys are the greatest. I could never share with others what I share with you because there's no way one can understand if they haven't been through it.

Missing Him, I hope you made it through the wedding okay. I was keenly aware of how alone I was when my son was married, esp. as I sat completely alone on the front pew. It was awkward but I made it through it. For you it's much harder since it's still so fresh. Each thing we make it through brings us one step further in the journey and the process. (((hugs)))

Mary & Kay - thanks for the understanding and support. I managed to make it through, although I don't know how I did. It was outside and a dark out and I looked up to the sky and stars thinking of my love. (I know he was with me) My dad was standing next to me and didn't even reach over to comfort me. My mom told me to ask for strength. After the ceremony my sister gave me a hug. That was comforting and a surprise as she is not a "sensative" individual. I stayed a hour or so and had to go. My sister that got married thanked me for coming, said she loved me and did not even mention that she knows how difficult this may have been for me. Again, those expectations I need to stop... When I got home my mom emailed me and said how proud she was of me to go through it.

It just doesn't feel good seeing others with their spouses when I should have mine with me too. Missing Him

You must pat yourself on the back for going and for leaving when you needed to. I can't imagine how difficult it was as you relived your relationship and in a sense watched dreams get dashed against rocks. You did it and your mom was proud. Her expression of that said volumes...she would not have said she was proud of you if she did not think you did something fantastically difficult. I hope you sleep a bit better now that the wedding is behind you. Peace, Mary

Missing Him,

I'm glad you made it through it and now it's behind you. Your sisters may have been aware and felt for you but are afraid to put it into words. Some people are afraid if they bring it up, you'll think about it...not realizing it's always on your mind whether spoken or not.

You are in my heart. gotcha is such a good word. :) Remembering is both good and painful. An extra hour had to be so good as YOU look back. People move on, don't they? One nice thing about our lives is that we don't have to move on... You are in my heart. Happy remembering. (((hugs))) Anne

Thinking of you today...5 months. I remember the pain and the condition I was in. He IS with you.

Peace to your heart, Mary

Thanks, Deborah. It was the best day of my life, along with having my babies. I will never forget anything about that day or any of our time together.