Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Mini Poodle Was Killed By A Speeding Car

TrishT51692

On January 11, 2013, my miniature poodle, Lucky, squeezed through the fence in our backyard. A speeding car hit and killed Lucky. The driver of the car "claimed" he ran out in front of her, which we knew that wasn't true because he was 10 years old and moved very slow. She was driving so fast that Lucky who was only 12lbs landed on the other side of the street. In addition, to his tragic death, the dog officer of our town showed up 2 and 1/2 hours after Lucky was hit. She asked if we had taken him to the vets and we responded "No" and she said he was still warm :( . She checked him and pronounced him deceased. I have 3 other dogs and they seem depressed and watch out the window everyday, waiting for Lucky to come home.

R.I.P. Lucky

10/14/2002 - 01/11/2013

Never Forgotten

<3

post-16275-0-92438600-1358185695_thumb.j

I also remember a previously told story about my friend's mini poodle, who believe it or not squeezed under the fence in the backyard and ran over to the road where he was hit by a bus. He would go on the sidewalk chasing after the hot air balloon up in the sky. I'm sorry for Lucky as I was for Jamaie, don't have the right spellings, french word. I am sorry too that under the distraught conditions it would be unlikely that anything could have saved him. Hope Lucky's soul rests in peace. Hope you and your three other souls live in peace.

Kavish

I am so very sorry that this happened to Lucky and ultimately to you and your other dogs. Yes, I believe dogs grieve and miss family members and other dogs who die. I know there are no words that can comfort you but we are here for you and welcome you into this circle. Peace to your heart, Mary

Trish, my dear, I am so sorry to learn of the tragic accident that took the life of your precious fur baby. The photo you've shared with us is just adorable, and I can only imagine the size of the hole that's been left in your heart, in your home and in your life. Please know that you are among fellow animal lovers here, and you have our deepest sympathy. I hope over time you'll look over so many of the posts and threads in this forum, and follow some of the links that you will find here.

I also invite you to read some of the articles I've listed on this page of the Grief Healing website: Pet Loss Articles

I am so sorry you lost your Lucky. It is hard no matter when it happens or how it comes by. I hope you can spend extra time with your other dogs and comfort each other in your sorrow. It's such a tragedy and I wish things like this didn't happen, I've lost animals and no how hard it breaks your heart.

Thank you everyone. It has been tough over the weekend, but my family has finally come to terms with his death. My other 3 dogs still look out the window for him everyday, but we are spending as much time with them as we can and giving them a lot of attention. Lucky is being cremated and we are buying a dog house shaped urn so he will have his own "little home".

That sounds precious. When my dog's time comes, I'll probably have him cremated as well so I can have him with me. I'm glad you're giving the other dogs attention as they're undoubtedly feeling all kinds of things and it's hard for them to deal with as well.

Wishing you well...