Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of My Dog

Balto

I love the headstone! I love that you have a visible marker.

I found myself looking for a gravemarker for Skye yesterday, why I don't know, I don't have one for my husband where I scattered his ashes or for my own dog or cat that I have buried nearby (we call it the family graveplot), but I just feel it would mean a lot to my son. I did find a dog with wings, that would have worked except Skye was a Husky and the dog didn't resemble him, maybe I can look on line for something.

Kay, Ironically I have spent some time recently looking for a stone for our first Golden Buffy's grave. I still have his ashes since he died two weeks before we left on our RV trip and we were on the road for 2 years. So, now I am finally ready to bury his ashes near Bill's grave. I found this site and it has Huskies, engraves the dog's name and dates. It gets mixed reviews but the majority of the buyers recommend it so for $25 I am going to take my chances. you may wish to read the reviews. I put them in order from good to bad so I get a full idea of what people say.

Here is the link:

http://gifts.personalcreations.com/gifts/Pet-Breed-Memorial-Stone--Dog-30021151?REF=PCRSRCHgoog_test_december_control_kwd_dog+tombstones_b&viewpos=2&trackingpgroup=psephds

My heart truly goes out to you. In many ways we share a similar story. Much loss in a short period of time. I can't say how sad I feel for you. However as stated, you and I are very much in a similar boat. Hugs and lots of love coming your way. I am seeing a counselor to help me with my feelings but that does not mean I don't hurt in between sessions or even during the sessions with her. I send my love and concern for your broken heart. Peace and love to you always and forever. Please have hope that you have what it takes to come to a point of acceptance in due time. I am so very sorry for your losses, including that of your mother.

With love,

Stephanie

Thank you Mary and Marty. I ordered a headstone for Lucky, one for King George (cat) and one for Skye. There were some bad reviews about it fading, as early as two weeks, but I called and talked to the company and they said, as my son did, that it would mostly be sunny areas like Phoenix or Hawaii that have the problems. They said they are coated in a clear resin after being laser inscribed. He didn't think I'd have a problem here in the mountains of Oregon.

Now I need to find something fitting for my husband as I have his ashes scattered here as well...that may take more thinking...

Kay, I am so glad that worked out. Glad you called on the fading thing also. The reviews were so opposite, some raving about it and others seeing fading...so glad to know that detail. I think I will order one also. Glad it worked out. I hope you are resting a lot today. Much needed after yesterday.

And Marty, thanks for pointing out the massive list you have on your website. That site is truly invaluable.

Kay, Bill never had a wheelchair at home. He did have a walker. I also had a close friend who had Miatonic dystrophy and I used to take her lots of places and that was when I was younger (she died in 2001) but it was tiring lifting the chair in and out etc. You are a good sister.

I heard back from the company and they said to put Thompson's Water Seal on it and keep it in the shade, so I'll pick some up. It'd be good if they'd mention that to people on their website!

Well I have one sister with a wheelchair but we hire my daughter to handle her, we just assist, we're getting too old for that...I did it plenty when I was younger. The other has the biggest most cumbersome walker I've ever seen!

I want to thank all of you for your comments to me and not just me but to everyone else on here that needs comforting. It's so uplifting to know there are people whom I may never meet that truly cares if I am in pain or suffering. We see so much ugliness on tv and the internet that I think sometimes it's easy to believe that good people just aren't out there anymore but I'm a believer in the good in people and all of you have strengthened that belief. I hope that each one of you can find comfort and solace in knowing that there is always someone who cares. You've been such a comfort to me and I look forward to getting to know all of you a little more each day. I hope you all have a very blessed week! By the way, my given name is Malena so I'll be signing it that way from now on, Balto is just my member name. God bless you all!

Malena

That's sweet, Malena! We've all been helped by this site, more than we can say. I just feel extremely grateful to Marty for providing it and for all of the leadership and information from Marty and Mary. They are a vast resource of information!

I was lost when my husband passed away, and this site has been that hand up.

This site wouldn't be as special as it is without the loyalty, participation and ongoing support of good souls like yourself, dear Kay ~ and you've been with us since the very beginning! What would we be without you, and others like you? Together we all make up the unique chemistry that is this wonderful place of healing. We each have our individual parts to play, but the resulting whole is so much greater than the sum of its parts!