Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thinking Of All Of You

WaltC, KayC, Spela, Dusky, Charlie, and all who are here....

There are no words for us to ease the passing of this season. I think of all of you with each ache in my heart. I wish for all of us a few moments of peace. I wish for a few moments of wonderful memories that might bring a warm feeling to our souls. I wish I could just feel more than this emptiness.

Thank you all for the caring, sharing, and support. I do wish we were not here........if I could only turn back time.

Always Gene!

Always!

WaltC, KayC, Spela, Dusky, Charlie, and all who are here....

There are no words for us to ease the passing of this season. I think of all of you with each ache in my heart. I wish for all of us a few moments of peace. I wish for a few moments of wonderful memories that might bring a warm feeling to our souls. I wish I could just feel more than this emptiness.

Thank you all for the caring, sharing, and support. I do wish we were not here........if I could only turn back time.

Always Gene!

Always!

Well we have survived yet another hurdle...and much of my surival is due to you wonderful folks...thank you for listening, caring, responding, and sharing throughout this year. Many of the Christmas cards I received this year expressed the hopes for a better upcoming year...it certainly couldn't get much worse than this one was. But we survived, such as it is...sometimes the question we have is, why?

I wish each of you not only an enjoyable Christmas with family and friends, but a much better year ahead. God bless you.

Well we have survived yet another hurdle...and much of my survival is due to you wonderful folks...thank you for listening, caring, responding, and sharing throughout this year.....

Yes kayc we are survivors. :):)

I never thought that I would make it this far. Certainly the wonderful folk here like yourself and Spela and Evelyn and Charlie and John and others have been a HUGH factor in making this "life after Jean" more bearable.

Today's selection from Martha Hickmans's Healing After Loss gives us this reminder:

"Time does restore to us our quite joy in the spiritual presence of those we love, so that we learn to remember without pain, and to speak without choking up with tears. But all our lives we will be subject to sudden small reminders which will bring all the old loss back overwhelmingly"

-Elizabeth Watson

These Grief Monsters (GM's) will try but FAIL to ruin our lives, because as we survive so too do the good memories of our (temporarily) lost loved ones.

When we are feeling our most grief-striken , may we hold in some place in our hearts that promise that we will feel better. :)

Thanks to everyone here for your caring, sharing and understanding comfort - may 2006 be a better year for us all.

Edited by WaltC

To all of my friends here on this site, I want to thank all of you for listening and reply to my posts, just to know that someone else is out there and understands your pain and loss brings such comfort.

I would like to believe the words of Hellen Keller

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens" I hope this for all of us that 2006 might bring a little happiness into our sad world.

May God bless you all

Grace

How true! Just last week a friend of mine was very depressed about his job and other circumstances in his life. I told him when one door closes, it seems to us to be a hurtful thing, but it is God's way of getting our attention and communicating with us, but to look expectantly because shortly a door will open and we should be excited about what that will hold for us. I realize how these words might sound to someone grieving, yet I know it to be a true concept that has been borne out in my life repeatedly. It gives me faith that God knows what He is doing and is yet to do something wonderful in my life. We must hold on to our hope for sometimes, at the moment, that is all that we have. It is that hope and faith that sees us through the darkest of times until we can see our dreams realized in fruition. We have the hope of seeing our loved ones again and being reunited, we need to focus on that and on what we have now rather than concentrating on how long the wait is.