Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Afraid of a repeat

I am not sure where to post this...but I am having a very difficult time.  I have found someone who is very close to me. Not in the same way that Dragon had been but in a new and different way. We have lived together for the past year and a half.  He was hospitalized and had back surgery.  What should have been a week to ten day stay has turned into a month long nightmare.  I am fearful...I am afraid that the same thing is going to happen that happened to Dragon before he died...Dragon lost his ability to recognize people and had hallucinations.  This is happening to my partner now.  Worse than Dragons death was the part that he knew me but didn't know me.  I am scared to death that the same thing is happening with Les (my partner now)  Even though the doctors say that he is not in danger at this point he is not progressing at all in his recovery.Sometimes does not know who I am.  He has a tremendous amount of stress as  we may both lose the home as well due to financial problems. Its a long story but I am so afraid he will die or that he will not get his mind back.  I am the only one in his life other than my parents who are too old to help out other than to support me.  I also fear they will become ill as well.  I sought professional help when these fears became more and more pronounced.  I feel as though I have already lost Les.  I need to be able to talk to him about everything going on and I can't because of these hullicanations and breaks from reality.  A tredemendous fear grips me when I go to see him at the hospital.  I don't know if anyone has lived with this much dread or fear.

Mik

Kim,

I'm so sorry you find yourself once again dealing with this kind of situation.  I can imagine the stress you are under.  I want to say the house is of lesser importance, as long as you have each other, but I know that financial stability is of very real importance to all of us, and I hope it doesn't come to that.  Most important, I hope he comes around, I'll add him to my prayers...and you too.  (((hugs)))

Try to focus on Les and try not to let your thoughts go to something happening to your parents right now, one day at a time, one situation at a time, it's enough for anyone.  I wish you the best.