Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Easter Road Trip

Well this may a bit premature, but what the hey..........Easter is March 27th. This is an early Easter.......Not sure what kind of a road trip to plan but it will include Winter Tires and Mountains. All depends on the weather, but anticipate two days travel both ways...........I think it will mark the  8 month anniversary of Angela's passing and I will take this opportunity to distribute some of her "belongings" to the kids......all school stuff.........

• Upvote 1

Always good, in my mind, to plan travel in advance if one can!  Although I'm also a proponent of the "Let's just hit the road and see where we wind up" way,as well. And not so premature.....will perhaps give you a "focus"....something we all need, I think. But big yes to winter tires!!!

Going to head back to Louisiana tomorrow myself.  Business to take care of.  My grown children, actually middle aged children, have problems in their own families and that is the last thing I want, I do not want to be any kind of a burden for them to be reminded they have to "take care of."  I always hated it that my mother, meaning to stay right in her home, needing special care, holds down my sister (who has no other family).  My daughter will take care of my special needs mother two days a week.  My mother, with Alzheimer's needs to be in a special care facility, but things being what they are, my sister would lose the house if that happened.  I am not young myself anymore, but can still lift and push and paint, so I will handle getting rid of this house myself.  My son has special family needs in California.  I do not want to look to anyone for help.  I want to be allowed to take care of myself and to take care of moving myself into an apartment.  Hoping my health holds up to all this.  I plan for it to, but God has a tendency to think I am a comedian a lot of times and laugh at my plans.  

Kevin, I hope your trip goes as planned.  Sometimes we have to have strong hands and minds to turn the pages to the next chapter.  I wish everyone a glimmer of happiness in the New Year, some semblance of order to the tasks we have, the doors we have to open and close, strength for the days ahead.  

• Upvote 2

That sounds like a great idea, Kevin.  I wish you well on your trip and hope it's safe!

• Upvote 1