Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Running out of words

At HH and the rest.  When I was in the hospital last, my nurses were wonderful.  I had to write a letter to the administrator and tell how wonderful and sent a copy to the floor and a thank you card.  Not a bad apple in the bunch.  Billy's nurses were wonderful too.  Having worked 11 pm to 7 am for seven years myself, I knew once I got home I was too hyper to sleep.  Those girls were pulling 12 hour shifts and more.  Their secret???  Dramamine.  OTC.  No addiction.  I will admit, the Xanax is good for 4-5 hours.  But, then I take one or two Dramamine and sleep till 8:00.  Most people do not want a crutch.  Then I think about my terminally ill daddy, scared he would get hooked on pain pills.  Not everything is black or white.  What works for one won't work for another.  Indeed, "one size does not fit all.  They gave me Ambien, supposed to be strong.  I woke every time after two hours.  One man's trash is another man's gold.  Just my humble opinion.  One incident in the 1970's.  I tried my Mogan David wine (gotta be sweet) to calm me down.  Usually a half wine glass did it.  Must have been really wound up because it took a bunch of glasses.  I was not relaxed, I was just plain drunk.  Billy was so disgusted.  I didn't care.

• Upvote 2

Just be sure whatever you take you run it by your doctor first to make sure it doesn't trigger high blood pressure or interact with some of your other medicines, even if OTC.  Don't want anything to happen to any of you!

• Upvote 2