Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sunday Message

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

To WaltC, Today has been a very hard day for me. Tears have flowed just like they did when Larry died. I just watched the message you attached and cried so hard. I want to know he is with me. I desperately want to know that he is alright. I had faith, before he died. Now I don't know anything. I wish for you some kind of peace.

Walt,

That was beautiful! I have to believe it is true. It's the only thing that really keeps me going. It's so hard to have that faith, but your Jeannie is with you always. I can tell from your posts that you love her so much and miss her dearly. Please try to hang in there. They say it will get better....but I don't know. Thank you so much for that message. It reminded me to look for the positive today.

Walt,

Thank you for sharing that with us. The "split the skies to receive me" reminded me of the night George died. I didn't know it at the time because I was encased in a wall of concrete in the middle of a huge hospital where I didn't see windows to the outside or hear what was going on outdoors. But later on I found out, at the precise moment that George died, 6:00 p.m. Father's Day, there was a thunderous storm with lightening and rainbows, and my sister emailed me pictures of it...you could see the blue sky and clouds lit up because the lightening lit it up. The picture was incredible! There were multiple rainbows, and I can't help but think that this whole shower of display was George being welcomed into heaven. The picture displayed here reminds me of it.

That was a very moving and inspiring piece that you shared with us. We need to remember and think about it, that they are with us, just in changed form.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Vivian_*

Walt: That was so, so beautiful. It reminded me of the story of the caterpillar who kept seeing his many friends going over a cliff never to return. One day it was he who went over the cliff. He landed in a beautiful valley filled with lovely butterflies. "So that's where you've all gone," he said to an old friend. "You haven't disappeared you've just changed your form." He couldn't wait to return and tell the other caterpillars of his amazing discovery but when he tried he found he couldn't fly back over the cliff. He finally realized that this was a discovery one had to make on ones own when the time comes.

I hope you find comfort in this as I found in your message. Vivian

Guest Guest

Vivian - I had never heard about the caterpiller before....I liked that analogy! No place anyone can ever come back from to tell anyone about. Last night I was babysitting my grandkids and my 5 year old grandson asked me if his "papa cowie" (that's what they called him in trying to say Papa Charlie) would ever come back from Heaven. I told him no and then the 7 year old asked me where Heaven was and the 5 year old said he knew where it was....it was in our heart. I thought that was so cool that the 5 year old knew that!!! I told him most definately Heaven is in our hearts!

My thoughts are with all of you!!

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58-11/16/2004)